We had a great week aboard the Eurodam! Loved our deluxe veranda cabin and the fabulous balcony in the aft of the ship. We were fortunate to sail the week of a full moon, so we had some beautiful sailing nights to enjoy from our balcony. The food in the Rembrandt Dining Room was excellent each time we dined there. The casual dining for lunch or dinner in the Lido dining are was a hit or miss. They did seem to have a lot of repeat type of dishes each day/night, but the choices were many, and if you didn't want the main entrees, there was always the salad and sandwich bars. Enjoyed the pizza and the Dive In hamburgers located in the pool areas of the lido. We didn't see any ice sculptures on this cruise nor was there any type of chef's night where they display their desserts/beautifully designed entrees. Guess HAL is getting away from that. But we missed it as we enjoyed this on other cruises. We had two formal nights, but this could honestly be cut down to just one or none in my opinion. My husband and I prefer to be relaxed in our casual clothes when we are on vacation. Having to dress up in either casual smart or formal attire every night was too much. We choose to stay comfortable in our shorts/shirts on a few nights and just eat at the lido. We didn't want to waste the fun time on the ship changing clothes so much! That being said, it looked like a lot of older passengers enjoyed getting dressed up each night. My husband and I are in our early 50's, and would have preferred comfortable, casual wear the entire week! As far as the entertainment, BB King Blues Club was off-of-the-scale fabulous, and should have been the main show every night. These individuals are talented! They can play and sing very professionally. They had one main stage show and several smaller gigs in the Queen's Lounge which were all top-notch. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the HAL singers and dancers. The singing was not good as the singers could not blend or harmonize well. They even had difficulty matching their voices when singing unison. The girl dancers are strong, but the guy dancers are not. We walked out one night after trying to listen to the singing. We stayed for their last performance, and it was weak at best. If HAL can secure the Kind of talent they have for BB King, then they should be able to do better with the main stage singers and dancers. The other musicians we heard were also very good-the pianist and violinist and the lounge singer and musicians. Embarkation went well although we did have to wait in the terminal about 45 minutes before our number was called to board the ship. Once we were aboard, we were able to go straight to our beautiful cabin. We arrived at the terminal around 11:00, by the way. Debarkation went very smoothly and orderly. Once our color and number were calked, we were off the ship within 15 minutes or less. We also enjoyed all of the ports we visited - Grand Turk/Caicos, San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and my very favorite, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, which is one if the most beautiful islands I've ever visited. Just wish we had a coup,e of days there! This was a great itinerary!

Enjoyable Cruise with Great Veranda Stateroom

melmul’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 7136
This is a wonderful stateroom! It is located in the aft of the ship where you have a larger-than-average balcony that overlooks the back of the ship and its wake. The room itself is longer and a little wider that the average balcony rooms located on the sides of the ship. In fact, there is enough room between the bed and balcony doors for a full sofa-not just a love seat. This cabin was very clean and looked practically new to us. The cabin is located on the Rotterdam deck, and it proved to be a very quiet room as no other cabin doors are across from it. In fact, there are only like eight doors on the back hallway, and this cabin is located towards the middle for a great view on the balcony. After having this back balcony, I doubt we'll ever want a side cabin again. If you want a deluxe veranda suite, I highly recommend this room. Also, the room stewards are fabulous!
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins