3. Carnival Dream
I will start by saying maybe my expectations were to high. But disappointment is all we had from the minute I stepped on board. The people at the guest services are rude, almost to the point that I felt like they were insulted that I would dare complain about anything. The dining experiences were horrible. We did our time dining and that has never been a issue on other ships. We always waited at least 30 minutes for seating no matter when we went. The food was never hot. Not even the warm chocolate melting cake or the coffee. I would like to eat in less then 3 hours. We went to dinner each night with high hopes of a better meal experience than the previous night. So we made a reservation for the steak house on Friday at 7:30. We were a group of 8. The food was great. But the service was very slow. We went long times between courses and we once again spent 3 hours for dinner. This was a New Years Eve cruise and it seemed most of the crew was hung over. Our cabin was small and we paid for a balcony with seating and we had a chair. I will give credit to our cabin steward Nihnjah. He was fabulous. I will give serious consideration to a different cruise line for our fall cruise. We attended the info for booking onboard fully intending to book our fall cruise. Needless to say we didn't book a cruise. I've been cruising Carnival for a few years now, I think it must be time to go back to NCL or RC.

Our DREAM vacation was NOT!!!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by cbulwinkle

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony
cbulwinkle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 7456
Carnival needs to train their people on exactly what the cabins include. We had 1 closet to hang our clothes in. No sofa as we were told. The balcony had 2 chairs no lounger and we were assured that our adjoining balconies could have the doors opened when we booked. They refused to open them on the cruise. Said it was a safety issue. The room was very small and about the same as a regular ocean view room on the Fantasy.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins