3. Adventure of the Seas
This ship was a disappointment from the first step on board. The staff was uninterested and at times even rude. The ship itself was dirty, handrails and counters were sticky and stained. Guest services had old poinsettia plants, with leaves falling off. It was like no one cared. The spa staff was unfriendly. I walked in and tried to get some information and no one said anything, they just looked and me and went on working. Staff in the main dining room did their best, but the food was hopeless. Often served cold, undercooked, with poor cuts of meat. Our cabin attendant was a kind man who worked hard, but I felt he was rare on this disaster ship. It should be renovated completely. It's a mess! Most of the staff needs lessons in customer service. I would not recommend this ship to anyone. Seven nights on this cruise was too long. I've never said this about a holiday, but I couldn't wait to get off this ship. One thing I witnessed, was a man in the 5th floor promenade (ice cream counter) flirting with young girls. He was probably in his 40's and I heard one of the girls say to him, they were almost 18. Don't know his name but he was a bald Caucasian man about 5'7" and had a Russian (I think) accent. He usually wore a black baseball cap and red shirt. My daughter was with me and she thought his behavior was disgusting. I found staff to be rude over and over again. Most of them don't smile and aren't interested in being helpful. It's like a really disconnect in the training of staff. There was an exception worth mentioning though and that is "Samantha Telesford"a (I hope I have her name right). She is a gem! Personable, professional and a lovely lady, with a sense of humor. I have worked the in customer service industry and this ship falls short.

Tired ship

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruiseholidaygirls

Cruiseholidaygirls’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

The cabin attendant kept it clean, but it was dated looking. Stained sofa and awful carpet and drapes.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Island Tour
    The female tour guide was a sweet girl, who tried to help me find beach chairs (which were all broken, rusty and dirty). Very disappointing! They were really old (20-25 years old). The island tour was great. The bar staff was suppose to offer us juice or rum punch, but there was no rum punch. Also they seemed to have a bit of an attitude.
    View All 160 Island Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    Gorgeous little beach at Accra. Bartenders at the "Tiki Bar" were really very RUDE! Couldn't get service for 15 minutes while standing there. I finally had interrupt to someone and the bartender said, oh were you standing here (when he looked right at me several times). They had a really bad attitude. We were told snacks would be available. Had to search for a menu, as it wasn't easy to find one. Food ordered took over an hour, for taco's and salsa. This was first shore excursion of our cruise and it was just bad to see this kind of customer service.
  • Cay Beach
    Beautiful beach! Really good buffet and great music from the friendly D.J. Quite a nice excursion.Had a ride with "Big John" (there and back). Nice man, but wild driver. He went zooming through a stale red light on the way there and almost hit another vehicle on the way back. Huge crack in his windshield should have been a warning sign.
  • Catamaran Day Sail
    This was a catamaran sail to the Pitons. Lovely red and white catamaran with the BEST tour guide.She was so much fun and lively, trying to get everyone to dance. Really tried to get everyone to have a good time. We had sandwiches and coconut, drinks onboard. Then we went to a private bay to swim. One of the best day trips!
    View All 64 Catamaran Day Sail Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    We went to Seaside Nature Park for horseback riding. Photographer "Mary" was wonderful. Horses were beautiful, really enjoyed this. Darryl our trail leader was funny and engaging. The only negative about this was the girl who was on the bus with us on the way to the nature park. When I asked her about the lockers and washrooms, she was rude. I didn't complete one line on my waver and she "shoved" it back at me in front of everyone, which I though was uncalled for. No manners and no understanding of customer service.
    View All 4,734 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews