3. Carnival Inspiration
This was my first Carnival cruise, but my 2nd cruise overall. My first cruise was with Celebrity cruise lines((which is fabulous PS)). I realize Carnival is the most popular cruise line in the world, because they are known to be party boats, and have good rates as far as booking a cruise is concerned. However I felt this cruise was WAY too rowdy for my liking, and I am 21 years old. I thought there were way too many kids running around, and there was NO control over them what-so-ever. The entertainment in the Paris Lounge was lacking. The 2nd to last night there was a passenger talent show, which was absolutely terrible. I didn't pay to have guests entertain me. I felt there could have been more cabaret like shows, instead of guests entertaining guests kind of shows. The ports of call ((Grand Cayman & Calica, Mexico)) were wonderful. They were both absolutely beautiful places. I did however feel like we had no time in the Grand Cayman's. My mom, sister & I decided not to do an excursion, but instead shop that day. Because the Cayman's are 1 hour behind ships time, when we arrived all the shops were closed so there was no sense in leaving the boat if you weren't doing an excursion. In Calica we went to XCaret park, which I HIGHLY recommend. It was only a 10 minute drive by bus. There is a website you can google for more information, but it is absolutely beautiful. It is $59 per person for entry. It is however worth every single penny! I swam with the dolphins which is an extra fee, but that was also WELL worth the money. there are other activities you can however do for free. we also didn't have much time in port to do every activity in XCaret, as they say you can't do it in one day. The wait staff in the dining room exceeded my expectations. They all come from different countries, I noticed a lot of them were from Indonesia. And they couldn't have been any more nice if they tried. They were absolutely wonderful. All the stateroom staff were so nice and greeting as well. Every person you asked for information was very helpful in making sure you had everything you needed. The food wasn't the best food out there, but it was pretty good. There was one night we skipped dinner, because the menu didn't look appealing. It is nice that all your food is included, so it was easy for us to go up to the Lido Deck and eat in the buffet room, where you can get panini sandwiches, pizza until 4 AM, and many delicious desserts..just to name a few things. The pool deck was a little crazy, I just layed out..I didn't use the main pool w/ the water slide((extra bonus for the kids)). There is a smaller pool towards the back of the boat a lot of people probably didn't know was there, and if you want some peace a quiet it's nice to sit back there instead. The room we had was an ocean view, on the bottom deck toward the back of the boat. We booked our cruise a week before departure, so it was cutting it close. Our room was plenty big enough for 3 people, there was a bunk bed style bed for sleeping and one by the window. It was plenty big enough for 3 people. That was a plus about the room. The ship I noticed was always clean, you would always see someone cleaning everything from the glass to the elevators. I however did not enjoy that there was smoking allowed on board. You are allowed to smoke in the casino, which I think should be prohibited. I am 21 so I did gamble a few nights, and I had a hard time sitting in there not only because it was gross, but because I have asthma. I think there should have been designated areas OUTSIDE for smoking. it is a HUGE fire hazard to be smoking inside on a ship in the middle of the ocean. that is not a smart move on Carnival's part. My overall experience with Carnival was okay. I would probably not use them again, and if I did I would try and use one of their newer vessels. There is a lot of room for improvement with them, and I hope they continue to improve in the future.

Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean