Arcadia Cruise Review

Arcadia Cruise Review by Atinkerbel

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

This cruise took place over New Year, we went in order to get a bit of sunshine. It was not Arcadia's fault sunshine was at a minimum.

So we got to Southampton slightly earlier than our check in time but that was not a problem. Checking in the car was smooth and easy, checking in to board the ship was equally easy.

We went straight to the self service restaurant and had lunch and within a short period of time our cabin was ready. D135, lovely bed, functional cabin, plenty enough wardrobe and shelving for us. Balcony was dark, small and dirty, cigarette ends etc. the cabin smelt 'sweaty' when we first went in, I did not complain, I realise with a quick turn around etc it is difficult. Sprayed some air freshener and got on with it. Eventually I went and found our cases and we unpacked.

The Meridien Restaurant was fab, excellent food and service. The Belvedere was what it was, a self service canteen. We dined in the Ocean Grill on New Years Eve and I was disappointed, but others thought it wonderful.

One evening on returning to our cabin after a dinner there was a terrible smell of fried chips in the cabin, D132 had ordered room service unfortunately the waiter could not read and delivered them to D135. One would have thought the clue was in the fact the cabin was empty.........and that's part of the problem with this ship. Lack of care, training, not understanding, I am not sure but whilst everything on the surface is fine, if you look underneath, service is shabby, the ship is dirty and no one cares.

We had a lovely holiday and the food was very good but I certainly will not venture out with P & O again.

The hi de hi messages every morning telling me when bingo was starting amongst other things put me off. The Captain or his deputy every morning announced weather etc but often spoke so fast one could not understand what was being said. Again, lack of training or just lack of caring. Who knows.

Atinkerbel's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin DE D135

Cabin functional enough. Comfy bed and pillows. AC a pain as you cannot turn it off. Balcony not nice, dark and small.

Atinkerbel