3. Disney Fantasy
I have taken 14 cruises prior to this, my first Disney cruise. I was very impressed by many things on this ship. A couple things to note, we were 4 adults and a 17-year-old traveling on this vacation. Check-in was super easy and fairly speedy. We were not traveling with small children and I do realize this is geared towards families with children but the check in arena was kind of crazy with lots of whining, crying, wound up children and strollers galore. Just go into knowing this and having patience. Once on board we headed out to investigate the ship. It was really beautiful, super clean and they offered a wonderful "adults" only section up top. I noticed a couple times some smaller kids tried to use the adult pool but were quickly escorted out. Now if you are traveling with kids, then you hit the jackpot! Their kids pools with lifeguards and huge screen tv's were the place to be for that age group. They all seemed to be having a ball, it was also very crowded in that area as well on sea days, while the adult section was really nice and quiet and we always found deck chairs to lay out on. We did go to a couple of shows which we all really enjoyed. If you are looking for that promenade area to have drinks and people watch, you won't find it on this ship. They have a huge center area where they have photos taken, character meet and greet, etc and it is very near one of the dining rooms. There is one bar there and gets a lot of traffic right before dinner starts. On another note we went to a different dining venue every night (rotation thing) which was rather interesting. Dinner was always entertaining as our servers were the absolute best! Never a dull moment. Not to complain but the food wasn't anything to write home about. It was okay. Nothing I'd go out to pay for at a restaurant. I do know it is hard to crank out food for thousands of folks all at once. I did not complain, just found appetizers that I liked and would order a couple of those instead of an entree. We did the buffet for lunch instead of dining room and it was not bad. The stateroom was excellent. Very clean, lots of room and plenty of storage space. They also had small refrigerators in them and used that daily. Nice to have to keep the wine chilled :) I never used the gym but my husband did. Said very clean and mostly cardio equipment which was what he wanted. My other adult traveling companion wanted weights (crossfit guy) but said it was pretty much lacking in that dept. We all enjoyed their private island. It was super clean and the beach was excellent. Getting off the ship was so easy. I have never had such and early and easy departure and it was kind of nice. All in all, we probably won't sail with them again just because we are looking for more adult oriented things. We like to stroll the promenade at night and visit different bars, etc. Not that we are big party people but miss that from RCCL and Carnival.

Fun cruise for all adults aboard.

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by mcneilbjm

mcneilbjm’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Very nice cabin, super clean and very spacious with loads of storage space. Our favorite feature was having the toilet in a separate room from the shower so 2 people could get ready at once.
  Disney Fantasy Deck Plans