3. Prinsendam
I was travelling solo and took what I was given for 16 days with 11 ports. At ports I went off solo and re-discovered some favorite places from the past as well as some new places, people, and adventures. (I rarely if ever do "excursions.") On Board met so many couples with fascinating stories. Ship's staff was 5-star. (I did not attend entertainment so no review there.) All in all, never a dull moment for me. Now to the negative which generated title of my commentary. Booked this Christmas/New Year cruise almost 10 months in advance. Understood price guarantee should there be a future discount. Woops!. Huge drop 7 weeks before sailing but it was secret. deal!! Secret from those who had purchased early. HAL made no offer of upgrade and/or discount to those who had already paid full price. Only when folks embarked we all discovered that well over 12% of ocean-view cabins had been sold-- 6 weeks earlier--- at far, far less than longtime passengers paid. AND low, low price for cabin also included extras free: Round-trip air from west coast of US to east coast free plus pre and post stays at Ft. Lauderdale hotel, etc. Understand person who had paid over $1,000 per day for top tier suite was livid to discover same type sold month before sailing for about 50% less per day. In my own case: Traveled solo in what I could afford which was tiniest interior cabin I have ever seen! Slept on narrow cot-- not a bed. Paid $3,000 plus 60% single supplement. Another widow (also solo) paid just a bit less than I did, only 6 weeks before sailing. What did she have? For less than my cabin cost, she had a large ocean-view cabin, mid-ship, with 2 regular single beds,plus free air from Seattle, and free pre and post-cruise in FLL. .

NEVER BOOK EARLY UNLESS MONEY IS NO OBJECT

2tripahoy8’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Prinsendam price drops

Standard Interior Stateroom
Cabin MM 511
Of some 10 "inside cabins" on other Lines, this was the smallest ever. (Normally my husband and I had a nice bed and space in inside cabin as I did in past when alone. #511 was a narrow cot, not a bed. Do understand large walk-in closet takes up much of sq. ft. as does nice-size bathroom. But I would never recommend this as a cabin for 2 unless both were young, agile, and used to tiny spaces such as a tent or bunk-beds on a military ship, etc. I paid 160% of full fare because I was travelling solo. This was lucky since a 2nd person would not have fitted.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins