3. Crown Princess
Hello, I am normally not a complainer as I do understand things can go wrong here and there however....the problems just never stopped. I'm going to list below some of the problems we had last week on our cruise. 1) In the buffet when we asked for hot water we got a cup of yellow water. We showed someone and they brought us new cups. Again, the water was yellow (you think he would have checked it out first, (I have a picture). When we commented he said, "Thats how hot water looks". 2) We were never told that the rooms only get cleaned if we put the signs in the door. Thats fine but perhaps we should have been told that. Dirty glasses weren't taken out unless we asked. New ones were not replaced unless we asked. When the soap bar was used up it wasn't replaced until I asked. 3) Toilets didn't work one morning. 4) Toilets overflowed in another area of the ship. 5) There were two fires on the ship. 6) While in Cabo another tender crashed into our tender. No one said a word. Not sorry, not all is ok no holes or anything. Not even a, "is everyone ok". Sad! This of course got everyone talking about how bad this ship was. We didn't hear one positive comment. 7) Three nights in a row we had a gas/hydraulic fluid smell in our rooms. We called about it and we were told, "oh yes its routine". what that means I have no idea. We had to leave our hall doors open and go out on the balcony (in the cold) for two hours). We also had to leave the balcony door open all night (for two of the three). I ended up on the morning after the third night with a migraine (thanks). 8) In the buffet we had to ask for something to drink but then on one EVER came back to ask if we wanted more. 9) Room service is a HUGE joke. We tried and tried so many times and we were on hold for over 30 minutes, we got, "timed out" several times and had to call back. when I said something I was told that, "its a holiday cruise so the kids are all ordering room service". Ok I call BS. We always cruise on holidays because I am a teacher and we NEVER have had this problem. 10) Anytime Dining-this is the biggest joke ever.. Because we signed up late for the cruise you guys told us we HAD to do anytime. The first day was a wash because of boarding the ship so late and the life raft drill. Sun. I went down to the dining hall after breakfast to make my reservations and was told you only do it via phone. I went up to the room and was put on hold for 25 minutes... too late no more reservations. I was told my options were to go to the buffet, pay extra in a speciality restaurant, or wait until after nine but that I most likely wouldn't get in (six people are too many to reserve for). Mon. no room so we paid for the Grill. Tues. after being on hold 40 minutes , no room. Again I was told what my options were. Wed. two of us waited on the line for over 30 minutes and... what a shock... nothing. I was a little miffed by now so I went down to the desk. Wow, imagine my surprise when Guilia was able to make us some reservations for 7:30. Thurs. AGAIN, 40 minutes later, no room!! This was NOT going to happen on Thanksgiving. I HAD to march downstairs AGAIN and she was able to get us in at 7:30 ( huh 7:30 each time, seems a little strange to me). Fri. FINALLY after 30 minutes... NO PROBLEM. Now in each of the THREE cases above there was plenty of open tables (yes even on Thanksgiving). Here's another problem, we had to pay tips for all of the dining staff like everyone else on the ship however we were denied access to the dining hall four nights and paid EXTRA just so we wouldn't have to eat in the buffet again (doesn't seem so fair).

Very unhappy Crown Princess cruise

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Rafern

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
I'm going to list below some of the problems we had last week on our cruise.
3) Toilets didn't work one morning.
4) Toilets overflowed in another area of the ship.
5) There were two fires on the ship.
Mon. no room so we paid for the Grill.

Rafern’s Full Rating Summary