3. Ruby Princess
"Oh, you are the Hammann's? You have been upgraded!" OK. I'm not an idiot. I realize that getting upgraded is fairly standard. However, don't we all love to hear that phrase? It put a smile on my wife's face as well as mine and set the tone for our 20th wedding anniversary cruise. We arrived at 2:00 as suggested by our boarding pass. It literally took about 5 minutes to get through the check-in process. We stood for about three minutes behind on family and then was instructed to move to a quicker line by an attendant. We were greeted, given our cruise cards and moved on to the ship. Quick and easy! We had reserved an obstructed view stateroom and were upgraded to a balcony stateroom. We were excited to see our room. Both of us had never cruised before so we were enjoyed each and every step of the process. From the name tag on the room to the greeting from Jeffrey, our steward, we were amazed at the service. The food and food service was top of the line. We loved our meal times. Not only were we served amazing food, we established some great relationships with the servers who come from all corners of the world. While I haven't been on other cruises so I cannot compare, I suspect that it would be hard to beat what Princess offers in this area. We dined using the anytime dining package which offered a great amount of flexibility. The balcony cabin we were booked into was amazing. It offered amazing views. The bed was comfortable. Our steward, Jeffrey, was efficient and stealthy! It took some getting used to the two a day service plan on our rooms but once we had the system down it was great. The 2015 New year celebration was great. We had a great time hanging out with people of all nations. This was a memory for a lifetime. I certainly would sail Princess again!

Carpet rolled out for these FIRST time cruisers!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by runrobrun

"Oh, you are the Hammann's? You have been upgraded!"
I certainly would sail Princess again!
runrobrun’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD A243
The stateroom was an upgrade from an obstructed view room so obviously we were happy. The room was clean, though a bit dated. The size was ample for the two of us. The bathroom was a tight squeeze but, of course, we didn't spend a lot of time there.Our steward was great. He was quiet and unobtrusive but responsive when we needed help. (As first time cruisers we needed a lot!)The level we were on was fairly quite outside of the revelry of the New years celebration. The views from the balcony were amazing. I had several days were time was spent reading on the deck.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Mayan Ruins
    We visited the Coba Mayan ruins. The only downside was that it took almost two hours to get there and we had a flat on the tour bus on our way home. This cut into some of the shopping time. The Mayan ruins are a must for anyone who is interested in history. Hopefully you are lucky enough to get Lily as your guide. She is amazing.Do not plan on doing this excursion if you cannot walk well or need help getting around. Maybe check into the Tulum visit as it might be a bit easier to get around.A MUST SEE!
    View All 378 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    This was a nice snorkeling experience. It is a bit more advanced since it is in 20 feet of water. This presented a problem for my wife who is a less than confident swimmer. However, the guides were amazing and gave us great first-timer tips. The views were amazing. We snorkeled around a sunken ship which made for some great views.
    View All 318 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Princess Cays
    AMAZING beach and snorkel. This was the best snorkeling of the trip. The fish were beautiful, up close, and personal. The beach was pretty and had a lot of scenery. The beach picnic was great as well. A great way to end the trip. I would have hate to miss it by staying on the ship.
    View All 588 Princess Cays Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Princess Cays Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    The beach here is AMAZING. The water is wonderful. There is food readily available. The sun was HOT so it was nice to have a clamshell to hide under when it got too hot. We also enjoyed a kayak around the back side of the beach. It is worth hanging out at the beach here for sure.