3. American Queen
First time river cruise. We enjoyed it very much Food: The food was better than I expected. Can't say that I had a meal I didn't enjoy. Only time there was a problem was at 1 breakfast. Mom is a diabetic and they didn't have sugar free syrup. Can't believe she was the only diabetic aboard. They had sugar free the next day. They were running short on some beer selections. Last cruise of the year before a 6 week lay up. Probably running on low inventorys. Service: Was well pleased with the service. Very customer oriented. Traveled with my wheel chaired mother. Everyone was very helpful getting her on and off the boat Even had a man from the Engineering group help us. Stateroom was always mad up and clean. Could of been a little bigger though. Entertainment: Attended 5 of 7 shows and loved them all. I would say they were better than the shows we have attended on Ocean Cruises. Had a great New Years Eve party with dancing and free champagne. Excursions: We did the premium excursions in New Orleans and Vicksburg. Both were good with knowledgeable local guides. Well worth the extra money. The Hop on Hop off excursions were also good with knowledgeable local guides. Overall, I felt the it was a good value for what they were offering.

New Orleans Round Trip

American Queen Cruise Review by Maeshel

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: USA
First time river cruise. We enjoyed it very much
The Hop on Hop off excursions were also good with knowledgeable local guides.
Overall, I felt the it was a good value for what they were offering.
Maeshel’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Queen price drops

Stateroom was on the small side, but well taken care of. Quit and away from the public areas.