3. Vision of the Seas
This was my first sailing with Royal Caribbean and compared to Carnival this ship lacked a few things but over all it was a good time. We had the my time dinning option which given the chance i will not do again. I like the consistency of the same waiter every night they get to know you and your needs are met very quickly. Having a different server each night they do not have the personal time with you i would like i felt very rushed at times because they had so many other diners to attend to. We did not get to see any of the shows because we were always at dinner and they only had 1 a night i did not like that at all. As for on board activities i felt they were non existent as well. Especially on days at sea they did not have anything going on . I will say that the food was delicious and the on shore excursions we did were the highlight of the trip. The port of Tampa is by far one of the easiest ports to get in and out of and the porters were very helpful with getting our bags to and from the ship. Over all if i had never gone on any other cruise i would have thought this was fantastic but i had 5 other carnival cruises to compare with so i found it a tad disappointing. The ship size was good not to crowded but the room size and the lack of activities left me wanting more.

Family Christmas present

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by egalfanatic

egalfanatic’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

cabin size was very tight for 4 adults with the two beds pushed together to make a queen it was no way a king and then the sofa pulled out to make a queen bed as well. Once the sofa was open there was very little room to move around the cabin and getting on to the balcony was impossible with out crawling over the bed. The bathroom was fair sized but the shower was way to small for one of the guests in our group as he was 6' 3" and had to duck under the shower head to fit in.
  Vision of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cave-Tubing
    we actually did hells gate river rafting and tubing but it was through dark night cave tubing adventures. What an awesome adventure. If you want to experience the peace and quiet of the river but do not want to carry your tube or go on a strenuous hike this is the adventure for you. We headed out of port on an hour long bus ride through Belize city our tour guide Shiad was very knowledgeable and told us all about the country and many interesting facts. once we made it to the site we were fitted with helmets and life jackets then we were taken to the water and our guides helped us ease into our tubes that were waiting for us. We then took our time gliding down the river as the current took us and taking in the sites. Many birds and bats and iguana and even howler monkeys along the way. there are small rapids that you have to cross but they are nothing to get alarmed over and the guides actually pull you over them as all the tubes are tied together for thisd portion. At the end we were treated to the BEST caribbean lunch i have ever eaten. Chicken, beans and rice and cole slaw, then we took the hour ride back to port and boarded the ship to go on to the next place. I highly highly recommend this excursion.
    View All 337 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Costa Maya
    We did not leave the port shopping area and there are not many stores within this small area. Most of the shops all see the same thing and the shop owners are very aggressive in trying to get you to come inside. You can barter with them on some things but for the most part what they ask is what they expect you to pay. you can take a 5 min cab ride into town but my husband said he did not want to go. My daughter and her boyfriend did go to the Chacchoben Myan Ruins and they said it was fantastic! maybe next time i go to costa maya i will try to go there....
    View All 2,595 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel
    Shopping in Cozumel is one of my favorite things to do. The port area was a bit crowded but once we were out in the town we were able to walk about freely and go to the shops downtown. You can take a quick cab ride there or walk like we did. Over all from the ship to town it was a 6 mile walk but it was very enjoyable and we saw lots of iguana along the way. Most the shops sell the same type of things but you can barter with the sales people and usually they will give in to you and you can get some really good deals. We had 5 people in our group and the cab ride back to the ship only cost us $12 US. The biggest thing to remember in cozumel is if the price is listed on something without the US or USD after it then it is pesos ( good to know because sometime it will say $5000 but thats peso not USD) they are very friendly though so if you have questions just ask and they will try to answer you as best they can.
    View All 6,793 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Gumbalina Park
    we did our Snuba here at the park and afterwards the kids stayed behind to do the monkeys and tour the grounds. i cant really say to much about this part ads i headed back to the ship but the kids had a blast and said it was really cool to have the macaws and monkeys sit on them.
    View All 167 Gumbalina Park Reviews
  • Snuba
    wonderful had the time of my life! my husband is a scuba diver and i am not so this was the best of both worlds for us i got to see a taste of what he enjoys and it was breathtaking. We headed out on a bus to gumbalina park where we got a brief overview of what to expect then we were paired up with a tour guide who stayed with us the whole time. Ours was Warren and he was fantastic! he was so patient and stayed by my side the whole time until i felt comfortable to go alone. the fish and coral were so beautiful. Afterwards the kids decided to stay and go see the monkeys on the other side of the park they enjoyed having the monkeys climb on them and they got to take pictures. it really was a great day for everyone.