3. Carnival Inspiration
Sailed the Inspiration as a getaway for my wife and I as we had been apart due to work for a couple of months. Wrote to John Heald (who gets bashed here way to often), asked if he could help with the MaitreD in getting us a table for 2 as we did not want to share our time with others as we had not seen each other in a long time. We had a great Table for 2 as requested when we arrived first night in the MDR!! Thanks John!! The Ship was decked out in Christmas festive attire :-) and looked awesome - for being an older ship I thought it was in awesome shape and the crew obviously took good care of it as evidenced later by all the attention to detail the crew provided at every turn. All the bar staff, deck hands and the entire crew were always happy to help and in a good cheerful mood! I thoroughly enjoyed being able to just take it easy this cruise - not rushing from one island to the next and the next excursion as I / we have done in the past. We went to the MDR every day for breakfast - after having coffee in the cabin :-) and then took our time on Catalina ( just took a trolley around town and strolled) and did the same in Ensenada where we after B'fast just took a cab to La Bufadora on our own ($40 RT for 2, and he waited for us 1.5 hrs (Paid on the return trip) ) MDR Staff FANTASTIC - Head Waiter Noel - what a hoot - and his whole team was very very attentive right down to knowing after the first night my DW drinks her H2O w Lemons so there was a plate of them every evening!! Overall it was a great cruise, loved the sea day - they actually just drifted for the whole day - a first for me - and the staff was great, atmosphere was relaxing - exactly what the Dr ordered! Thanks Carnival!! Another Job Well Done! Be back in April to do a 9 day Eastern Caribbean!!

Great Getaway!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by ifishmo

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
Be back in April to do a 9 day Eastern Caribbean!!
ifishmo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B R120
Close to elevators but not so close as to have a lot of foot traffic, nice view unobstructed. Exactly what I expected. I really liked being on a smaller ship.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins