3. Carnival Elation
----Hotel: ------ Hampton Inn, Convention Center. We have had some doosies over the years but wow! What a great hotel. A little pricey but the service was great, everything worked, clean rooms, friendly staff and cruise parking. Very nice continental breakfast. Shuttle was also great to get you to the port and back. -----Port of Call: ------ New Orleans. Spent a day and half before cruise in New Orleans, loved the French Quarter and would love to come back. Had a great time visiting places, eating seafood, drinking, and listening to the bands from bar to bar. Process went smoothly, glad I purchased Faster to the Fun. Many people were there before 1030. I have to commend the port and carnival for having so many attendants available to check people in. It was more than any other port I have visited. Porters were great as well. Boarding went fairly smoothly. -----Ship:----- Carnival Elation. Very clean, well kept and was pleasantly surprised as it did not look like it had the wear and tear of a ship built in 1998. The atrium was a treat but missed a live band playing as there were on previous cruises. Many activities on board. Smooth ride. We did stay in cabin M93 so it was probably less prone to the up and down movement. Wish there were more adult hot tubs. Two on serenity and one on the main pool area. There are three pools on sun deck but neither jacuzzi was hot, only cold and were barely used. Cruise director was average, seemed to be in a hurry all the time and not much personality. The public bathrooms were very clean as well. Some minor things the crew can work on - I noticed If you were on Serenity Deck you pretty much had to get your own drinks before you jumped in the hot tub or sat down. No waiter was walking the area. My wife got an invitation to the VIFP party, not me. I had four beers removed from luggage and they were never returned or found. I was also saving my daily newsletters and on the final day my room steward threw them away. Just a little perturbed about that. All in all, the crew was great, the room steward did a great job. The waiter teams also did great. Everyone for the most part was friendly. The comedy club was a lot of fun as was the piano bar and there was also a very entertaining blues band on the ship. ------Cabin:----- Our cabin was M93. Clean and quiet. A short walk to 2 elevators in either direction. The bed was comfortable and had the old bed frames not the newer metal mesh frames. I thought the temp was a little warm but it was tolerable. The bathroom was the biggest Ive had on a carnival ship. It was a nice feature. I did miss having a couch though as on other ships. The window was great. I did not have a balcony this time but I did not miss it either. The elevators were quick and for the most part readily available. -----Dining:---- We had anytime dining and I must say this may be the last!! There were two nights we had to wait, the first night we had to wait 20 minutes and the second time we waited almost an hour to eat! The service in the MDR was great. Still had the old menu and not the new one. The waiters did a fine job!The steakhouse options were a nice feature on the MDR menu. I was suprised the new menu was not offered on this ship as it had the old menu. On the Lido buffet, Breakfast was served after 730am. Lines formed and and then they finally opened. Every other Carnival cruise I have been on the buffets were open by 630 or so. A little drag on the day when you are up and about before 730 and cant grab breakfast before 730. Long lines at The Grill and Mongolian Wok so its definitely best to time these areas. The Mexican Party was a lot of fun and the food was great as well as the music! The chocolate bar was also good and the cakes were decorated very nicely! ----Excursions:---- Port of Progresso. Easy in and out. Uxmal Tour: This was an awesome experience! 1 1/2 hour bus ride to and back from Uxmal ruins. Our tour guide Phillipe did a great job. All of the ruins and temples were just amazing. Deluxe sail and snorkel in Cozumel Port. A pain to get through the port as they practically made you walk through an entire mall before you got to the street. We had to stay on the ship an hour because the Disney ship pulled up and we couldn't debark as planned until the other ship was docked. The excursion was a lot of fun, the snorkeling was great! We had to follow a leader so to speak, but we did see nice coral and fish. The catamaran was a large and accommodated everybody comfortably. The beach was great, plenty to do and relax. After the snorkel, beer, margaritas and other drinks were served rest of day either on the catamaran or on the beach at the bar. On the way back to the ship the bar remained open. We did get back to the pier about 1/2 later than expected. ---Summary:---- All in all, it was another great cruise experience! It is what you make it! We had fun and ate well on the ship. Slept well on the ship too. The rooms were always made nicely and were roomy, and the dining was very good in the MDR and above average on the buffet. The excursions were a blast! Enough on board activities that were available to add some more fun when we werent chilling out. I think this a great value for a 5 day cruise that is hard to beat and the cruise port of New Orleans is just awesome.

Fun and great value on the Elation!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by v3cruiser

----Hotel: ------
-----Port of Call: ------
-----Ship:-----
------Cabin:-----
-----Dining:----
----Excursions:----
Deluxe sail and snorkel in Cozumel Port.
---Summary:----

v3cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C M93
Our cabin was M93. Clean and quiet. A short walk to 2 elevators in either direction. The bed was comfortable and had the old bed frames not the newer metal mesh frames. looked like the mattresses were a little worn. I thought the temp was a little warm but it was tolerable. The bathroom was the biggest Ive had on a carnival ship. It was a nice feature. I did miss having a couch like on other ships. The window was great. I did not have a balcony this time but I did not miss it either. Elevators worked fast and the waits were never that long.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins