3. Carnival Dream
I read way too many reviews ahead of time & feared a bit of disappointment. Well, we had an absolutely GREAT cruise which exceeded our expectations. We had our first ever Aft Balcony on Deck 8 and it was amazing. Yes, it got a bit warm in our stateroom, but I was prepared with a 6" portable fan. Yes, you felt a wee bit of movement at times during the night but it was never an issue. There was a pattern of vibrations and then nothing at all, and this occurred a couple times during the nighttime hours. The extended deck was awesome, but be forewarned that although deck plans indicate reclining chair, standard chair, and lounge, there was NO LOUNGE on our balcony. We were informed that they were removed due to safety concerns. Now this is why I booked the aft cabin - to lounge in the morning, afternoon, or evening. I requested & received a lounge and assured them that I would not trip over it, as was the new concern. We had our twin beds converted. There was a sofa and an oval cocktail table. There was also a small stool by the vanity area. Cabin had a safe and a refrigerator (which really does not chill items). This room could easily accommodate 3 passengers. Bathroom was standard. Closet & drawer space was ample. We ate breakfast in the dining room or enjoyed Sea Day Brunch at the dining room. We never had breakfast on the Lido deck. Sea Day Brunch is not to be missed. My husband & another in our party loved the steak & eggs, and the corned beef hash & cheese grits were a hit. I loved the huevos rancheros and the smothered pork chop! For lunch, we tried most services available; deli sandwich, Tandoor, pasta restaurant, Seaside BBQ, grill station, Mongolian Wok. We were never disappointed. We had pizza just one late night after a show. Dinners were all in the Crimson Restaurant, Your Time Dining, and we enjoyed every single night. Something was always available in the dining room, for even the pickiest of pallets. We're not big dessert eaters, but I did enjoy both crème brulee desserts which they offered. My husband usually had sherbet. He did not enjoy the dining room cheese cake. We did not partake in the Chocolate Buffet, but our friends did, and their opinion was that desserts were tasteless. I had just one strawberry soft-serve ice cream cone all week, but I did stop by a put a squirt of vanilla into my cocktail once, too! Yummmm. We preferred the aft pool, so we did not partake in the main pool games or hairy chest contest. I found it to be too noisy at the main pool. When in Montego Bay, Jamaica we stayed on the ship & sat by the main pool, as it was much less crowded. We enjoyed the Beach Boys concert on the big screen. Regardless of which pool you chose, lounge chairs were difficult to come by if you were not an early riser. We ARE early birds so we had no problem, but people were always looking for seating. Although we had 8 in our party, we did not save lounge chairs because we never knew when anyone would be joining us. So many chairs were "occupied" but remained "unoccupied" for hours at a time, yet we did not see anyone monitoring this or removing items for others to sit. There's always so much going on, so much to do & not enough time, but each show we did attend, we enjoyed very much. The ship was beautifully decorated for the holidays and we tried to catch each festive event we could. We enjoyed the holiday show in the Encore Theater as well. I was hoping to catch a movie on the big screen outside, but it just never happened. Roman, a comedian, had us all in stitches! We did not attend the Over 18 comedy act, but one guy in our party said it was rather raunchy. We really needed a back-to-back cruise to fit in all we wanted to see & do. We enjoyed our visits to the casino, which YES, was smoky. We purchased a Cheers package for each of us since anyone over 21 in the stateroom must purchase, but my husband is not much of a drinker & neither of us reached the 15 drink maximum per day. We don't know yet whether or not we broke even. We feel we could have spent the $402 per person on other things (perhaps a shore excursion or two, maybe a massage). We purchased Faster to the Fun, so embarkation was a breeze. Our room was ready when we boarded and our luggage was delivered long before we sailed. Our muster station was in a dining room and the drill was quick & painless. Again, having Faster to the Fun made disembarking quite easy. We were in Zone 2, which came after all decks with self-assist luggage. Zones 1 through 5 were called at once, but it was simple. We highly recommend Carnival Dream, as our experience with the ship, the service and friendliness of the staff was exceptional. The ship was very clean, is well-maintained, all areas are just so pretty.

Such a great, fun & relaxing cruise!!!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by BIRDMOM7

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 8468
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cozumel
    Cozumel is a great port. The shops right at the port are plentiful and you could spend a few hours doing just that. But, there's so much more to do! We've been to this port before, so we opted to visit Paradise Beach (by taxi) and enjoyed beach time, awesome nachos, and a few cocktails. There are just so many wonderful places to visit in Cozumel; too many to list.
    View All 6,685 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Grand Cayman is a beautiful place to visit. Our stop was Christmas Day, so nearly everything was closed. There is no alcohol served on Christmas Day or Good Friday, until evening, so most bars & restaurants were closed and it was very quiet. We went to the public beach via taxi and spend a few hours relaxing on the beach, enjoying the gorgeous water. There are so many beautiful shops to visit, snorkeling/snuba/helmet dives, dive options, etc. but only ship sponsored shore excursions were available.
    View All 3,387 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Montego Bay
    We did not get off the ship for anything more than to look around at immediate port shops. Don't waste your time. We had visited this port before and enjoyed Doctor's Cave Beach & a trip to Margaritaville. Our friends left the ship and returned after a short visit on land. They did not like this port at all. These are just opinions and there are so many excursions available for the most adventurous explorer to the one that just wants to lay on a beach.
    View All 472 Montego Bay Cruise Port Reviews