3. Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel wasn't the best, and especially was not what I expected. The nicest thing about it in my opinion, was the Embarkation, which didn't even take long at all! Other than that, the rest of the experience wasn't that great.. Most of the times, I would spend the whole day just doing nothing but walking around the ship because it was the only thing I could do! Basically, it was complete BOREDOM. Even my whole family was bored! There was nothing to do but bingo and trivia, bla bla bla.. but the only thing that was worth waiting for were the concerts and comedy shows. And by 'worth waiting', I mean that I would count the minutes until they would start! 'Surprisingly', the minutes felt more like HOURS because of how much I was dying. Jewel needs to add more fun activities in schedules than just boring, adult ones. There's families joining aboard! No, I'm not talking about the nickelodeon slime activity, because there's also such things as families with older children who won't be as entertained. By older kids being entertained, yes, I know there's a kids club, but to the kid's opinion, they didn't enjoy it.. They sometimes didn't even want to go because of how boring it was. Freestyle cruising in the Norwegian Jewel wasn't fun when it comes to dining.. We didn't get to meet many people, which also lead to more boredom, of course. (like I'm going to count how many times I said 'bored', past, present,etc...) This also made us miss the opportunities to eat some of the really good food from one dining room from another.. I really wanted to eat this meal at this one dining room, but the food I wanted at another seemed equally as good, but I really wanted to try out this main course at another dining room! Jeez, got these problems all the time before dinner. Freestyle cruising when dining also didn't make us get close to our waiters. In normal cruises where there isn't freestyling, the kids would be very close to them as they got to make crazy napkin folds with them, too. Dining would usually come out as fun, but not in the Jewel... Jewel is a great ship, but I'm guessing what I'm targeted by more is Royal Caribbean and Carnival.

Not really great for family..

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by asdfghjkl55

• Sail Date: March 2014
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
asdfghjkl55’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OF 4564
Well, I guess it was good, except for one thing..It was a 4-person family, and that means that there has to be 2 more extra beds..which is where the problem began. As we went in our stateroom for the first time, we were surprised that there were only 3 beds! We asked why, and they said that they would set up another odd bed. The odd bed was actually very odd... It was just some mattress with pillows and a blanket thrown on to the floor. Wow, high quality.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins