3. Voyager of the Seas
This ship was placed into service one cruise prior to the Dec 9 sailing. They came from Singapore so ours was not the maiden voyage but close to it. As the ship had just come out of dry dock the entire crew was new to this ship. Normally, the crew is rotated in and out in a manner that smoothly transitions services. I suspect this led to some of the chaos. Boarding the ship was the first sign of things to come. There was a long line to drop of bags even though there were scheduled times for people to arrive. I've never seen a line like that and have been on many cruises. Normally you pull up and the porters grab your bags and you're off to check in but not this time. We had to get in line, with our bags in tow, for bag drop off and the line was easily as long as a city block. Then we got into another line to enter the check-in area. At least with our Diamond rating we then got into a priority lane. The Windjammer, generally was overcrowded. It's too small for the number of passengers. The food was typical cruise buffet food. If you've ever been on a cruise you know what to expect. And they are actually closed at points to transition meals. Other ships we've been on just close one side and keep the other running. We took most of our meals in the dining room. Because we are Diamond level, we were able to have breakfast and lunch in the Diamond seating area of the dining room which was awesome. No waiting and the service was excellent. Personally, I thought the food was very good. For dinner, the first few nights were not well organized. We had "anytime dining" which meant we could show up at the Anytime dining level on deck 5 during meal times and be seated. On the second night we had booked a reservation (another option) for 7:45 pm. We get there and there must have been 100 people there for the same reservation time. The line was shorter for those that walked in so we jumped into that line. When we got into the dining room there were many empty tables so I'm not sure what the snafu was but after that night, they seemed to get it together and we never had to wait more than a few minutes. The service in the dining room was always good and the food was good. I heard rumors that room service was awful but we never used it. There were a lot of children on this cruise but I don't share some of the other opinions about them being completely out of hand. For the most part they were as well behaved as you would find children anywhere. But, now that I am compelled to classify myself as a senior I think I prefer to spend my vacations in the company of adults. I suspect we were within the window of school holiday time which greatly increased the number of families with children and most of the passengers were Australian so it was a convenient vacation for them. As far as the renovation, the ship really is stunning. Other than the Windjammer being on the small side for this number of passengers, I was impressed with the physical appearance of the ship. We had a lot of significant motion on the ship and I'm not entirely sure it was rough seas. The motion picked up a lot a night and I suspect we were moving at an accelerated speed at night to cover the distance needed. Whatever it was, at night you had to hold on to get from point a to point b. With all of the sea days, it would be nice to have more concurrent activities. They did have things planned for all the time slots but the variety could be improved. I particularly enjoyed the daily Trivia, the variety shows like the game show take off on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Scavenger hunt (adult and otherwise), the Ice Show. I also made use of the Spa several times and overall it was good although the manicure could have been better. And yes, they always try to sell you product at the end. Just say no. You can buy that stuff on Amazon for less and won't have to cart it home. I think they could have made better use of where things were held. Bingo was in the large lounge (Stargazer?) but should have been in the theatre because they ran out of seas. Trivia was in the Schooner lounge and should have been in the Stargazer for the same reason. The itinerary was ok but the 3 days cruising to New Zealand and 2 days back, retrospectively, I could've lived without. Since we were flying from the States into Sydney I thought it would be nice to have decompression time but by day 3 - totally bored and ready to get off the ship! I have no complaints about any of the stops. Kind of wished we could have more time on the south island but I enjoyed the stops. Our Family Panoramic cabin is one of the new cabins and it is a home run for RCI. While we only had 3 people in the cabin it can accommodate 6. I wouldn't recommend that many but 4 or even 5 would be tolerable. It has a large footprint with a combination living area and bedroom separated by a rotating wall that holds the TV along with the usual dressing table/dresser combo. The bed area has a huge closet for a cruise ship. There is another small room that has a bunk bed and closet. There is 1.5 bathrooms which is really nice. Overall, the cabin is fantastic. They need to rework the lighting as the entire main area of the cabin is controlled by one switch and there are no reading lights in the living area. Consequently, when my mother wanted to sit up and read and I wanted to sleep it was not practical. I ended up pulling the bulbs out of the overhead lights in the bed area. Problem solved. The other thing to consider is these cabins are on deck 12 forward. They will experience the maximum motion of the ship. If you're prone to seasickness you might want to consider a different cabin. The view from the panoramic windows is stellar. If I can figure out a place to post pictures, I will.

Australia/New Zealand Dec. 9

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by vladamsoh

vladamsoh’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

This cabin is a home run for RCI. While we only had 3 people in the cabin it can accommodate 6. I wouldn't recommend that many but 4 or even 5 would be tolerable. It has a large footprint with a combination living area and bedroom separated by a rotating wall that holds the TV along with the usual dressing table/dresser combo. The bed area has a huge closet for a cruise ship. There is another small room that has a bunk bed and closet. There is 1.5 bathrooms which is really nice. Overall, the cabin is fantastic. They need to rework the lighting as the entire main area of the cabin is controlled by one switch and there are no reading lights in the living area. Consequently, when my mother wanted to sit up and read and I wanted to sleep it was not practical. I ended up pulling the bulbs out of the overhead lights in the bed area. Problem solved. The other thing to consider is these cabins are on deck 12 forward. They will experience the maximum motion of the ship. If you're prone to seasickness you might want to consider a different cabin. The view from the panoramic windows is stellar. If I can figure out a place to post pictures, I will.
  Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans