3. Viking Hlin
This was a special trip for us as we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and a birthday too. I've wanted to go on a river cruise for a long time. We've never been on a large ocean cruise, as the large size didn't appeal to me. For our anniversary we were considering Italy or Greece but during my research an ad for Viking Cruise popped up the price was fantastic especially the airfare part. Since everything is included we decided to book. The booking process was very easy and the agent was very responsive. Hotel information (if any) - we didn't book any pre or post cruise hotels but heard from others that they really enjoyed the pre cruise trip. Ship information - the ship was nice, small, welcoming. The main lounge area both in and out were set up for socializing and the size of the ship made this very easy. Activities - loved the activities a German cooking class, Past/Present Germany lecture, Info session on the locking system used on rivers, etc. Service - exceptional about sums it up. Port & shore excursions - Local tour guides make it...the details on license plates, renting of small garden plots, etc. plus the history was fantastic. The tours were the right length and gave enough time to explore a little on your own. Travel to embarkation Port - we booked everything through Viking and weren't disappointed - flights, transfers etc. were perfect and pick up and drop off without a hitch. Cabin - and accommodations were clean and well appointed. Amazing how they use the space so well. The shower was very cool. Tip - you can cloud and un-cloud the glass for the shower. Dining - fantastic as a celiac the chef and waiters were super and I was problem free the entire time. Even had gluten-free croissants what a treat. My husband loved the food. Children's clubs - N/A age group was in the late 40's and up. Entertainment - local and on ship talent, 50/60's music night, opera singing, trivia - fun, fun Summary - value for the money, great and relaxing vacation - highly recommend.

Recommend Viking Cruises, especially for celiacs.

Viking Hlin Cruise Review by tallenpei

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom
Service - exceptional about sums it up.
Children's clubs - N/A age group was in the late 40's and up.
Summary - value for the money, great and relaxing vacation - highly recommend.

tallenpei’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Hlin price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E 121
We were in the bottom and had a lovely window, good size cabin - would book same again.
Main Deck Outside Cabins