Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by pek1098

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

Will this was my second time on the The Rhapsody and 4th time with RCCL and I must say that I was VERY disappointed. RCCL to save on cost have changed a few things around and I feel not for the better. Basically they were more like a P & O / Carnival cruise than a RCCL cruise so yes they have gone down a notch. Now not that I drink alot but the thing I found disappointing on the Carnival Spirit was the way they had Nip pourers and they even had measuring jugs for Wine - whereas, the RCCL line did not. To my surprise they have introduced this now (apparently within the las 3 mths) as a cost saving messure as told to me by the Bar Staff. Also one of the highlights use to be the singing of the Reastaurant staff near the end of the cruise - this has also been cut out. On RCCL they have a Fundraiser called "Save our Seas" T-Shirts and they sell them for $10 and you do a 1km walk with the Captain and his cruise. Well this was the first RCCL cruise that this did not happen as I supposed we were not good enough to walk with Captain Gustav.....The last time I was on The Rhapsody was April 2013 and this time the so called "Broadway" showa were exactly the same and the other supporting shows were mediocre as best - Very Disappointing indeed. The saving grace as always id the Main Restaurant and Dinner each night was enjoyable. I am hoping that RCCL will pick up their standards otherwise, I will have to find a new Cruise Line to travel.

pek1098's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin M 4461

The Cabin was Excellent and as always the Cabin Stewart (this time Manny) was fantastic and went out of his way to look after how cabin.

Isle of Pines (New Caledonia)

Iles Des Pins - very very very disappointing this time round. This was my 3rd vist and I feel with all the patronage that it gets the water quality is getting worst and hence the fish stay away from the affected waters. Whilst snorkling we sure hardly any fish compare to the previous vistis. The locals are still taking us for a ride and over charging on erverthing from food, drinks and souvenirs. I cannot understand why their prices aren't lower, as if they were they would sell alot more - like $11 for Hot Chips or $10 for a can of beer and the Tap Beer is conviently out of order. C'mon New Calondia get serious...... If a ship did tender here in the future I WOULD NOT GET OFF.

pek1098