• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2014
Cabin:

Three friends and I booked a 12 night Viking cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow. Viking advertises that their motor coaches have restrooms. Unfortunately, the restrooms were locked the entire length of our cruise. I spoke to the program director, about it the first day and she couldn't have cared less. I also reminded her of Viking's Service Guarantee, where a customer within the first 24 hours of the cruise, may register a complaint, the cruise line has 24 hours to rectify the situation. I also spoke to the hotel manager about the lack of bathroom availability and the Viking Service Guarantee. He told me that they had had problems with bathroom availability on the coaches and that I should write it on my survey. I waited the 24 hours to see how Viking would rectify the situation and they never did. No one on the Viking staff ever got back to me.

With the exception of breakfast, the food on the ship was horrific at best. The chicken was dry and rubbery. They even messed up a BLT sandwich and I didn't think that was possible. The food was so bad that we ate three days in a row at McDonald's in Moscow and loved it. I asked a server for Diet Coke twice and she told me, "No." Nik, the maitre d' and the Filipino wait staff were good.

The in room movie schedule didn't coincide with the actual time the movies began. How hard is it to get the schedule accurate?

Cabin AX-Veranda