3. Viking Ingvar
Three friends and I booked a 12 night Viking cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow. Viking advertises that their motor coaches have restrooms. Unfortunately, the restrooms were locked the entire length of our cruise. I spoke to the program director, about it the first day and she couldn't have cared less. I also reminded her of Viking's Service Guarantee, where a customer within the first 24 hours of the cruise, may register a complaint, the cruise line has 24 hours to rectify the situation. I also spoke to the hotel manager about the lack of bathroom availability and the Viking Service Guarantee. He told me that they had had problems with bathroom availability on the coaches and that I should write it on my survey. I waited the 24 hours to see how Viking would rectify the situation and they never did. No one on the Viking staff ever got back to me. With the exception of breakfast, the food on the ship was horrific at best. The chicken was dry and rubbery. They even messed up a BLT sandwich and I didn't think that was possible. The food was so bad that we ate three days in a row at McDonald's in Moscow and loved it. I asked a server for Diet Coke twice and she told me, "No." Nik, the maitre d' and the Filipino wait staff were good. The in room movie schedule didn't coincide with the actual time the movies began. How hard is it to get the schedule accurate? The lady working at the ship's store asked my sick friend if her need for cough drops was an emergency because she was off duty. The cabin size was nice. The air conditioning didn't work on two occasions, but was corrected. A night stand fell of the wall and it was also repaired. I asked for a top sheet on the bed and I was left a top sheet to make the bed myself on two occasions. Not what I would expect on a ship at this price point. The in room ice buckets should have had a plastic bag liner for sanitary reasons. Tea, coffee and hot cocoa were complimentary on deck 3, but you had to pay for it in the Panorama Bar and Sky Bar. Complimentary soft drinks should have been available. The days cruising along the river were boring. They should have recorded the tour guides lectures to be available in your cabin. DVD's and DVD players would have been nice in the cabin. When I wrote to Viking Cruises to complain, they sent us a $1000.00 voucher off a future cruise. None of us want to go on another Viking cruise even if they gave it to us. I have tried for six months to resolve this amicably with Viking to no avail. Viking is not assuming any responsibility for their horrible performance on this cruise. They expect the passengers to assume all liability, while they accept none. I have never seen a company with such poor to nonexistent customer service. I would encourage everyone to never sail with them.

Horrible Cruise