• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

SurferJoe57
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2014
Cabin: Vista Suite

I've noted several other recent Miracle cruisers recently posting about the ship's propulsion issues, and felt obliged to post what I know.

We had a marvelous two week cruise to Hawaii this past September. As we booked AFTER the formal announcement by Carnival (which I found weeks after I'd booked anyway), we didn't get offered any partial refunds or other compensation - but the iteniary had been altered from the original catalogue's plan which had an overnight in Maui to only a day-trip. Again, as we booked after the issue had been noted, we simply paid the fare, took the trip, enjoyed it and got back to LA on schedule.

----

Vista Suite

Cabin VS

Carnival Spirit class ships feature "vista suite" wrap-around cabins on the aft-corners on the three upper decks. Our cabin was on the port side, 5th deck. These cabins feature balconies that are almost all aft (as opposed to the extended balconies on the Conquest class, which have plenty of real estate on both the port or starboard and aft), which are more than adequate for two people to sunbathe. They have twin vanities, and a tub-whirlpool, which I actually don't care for - the tub is too small to actually bathe in, and awkward compared to the shower-insert units found in most other cabin categories.

3 Helpful Votes