3. Regal Princess
It has been a few years since we were aboard a new ship and the Regal Princess did not disappoint. The ship is lovely. I understand people having problems with the elevator and stair locations, but this was not problematic for us. The atrium was beautiful and the center of all activity. We had no problems with the layout. My only disappointment was the lack of a promenade deck. I was aware of this ahead of time. Our daily activity includes walking the many laps of the promenade deck for fitness but had to find another way. The hallways proved to be a perfect substitute. We were assigned a deluxe balcony cabin on the Dolphin deck. It was perfect. The showers are much larger than other ships. The bedding more luxurious than previous Princess cruises. The flat screen TV on the wall was unexpected and the movies on demand a plus. Our cabin steward was exceptional. We were fortunate to be on a 7 day cruise where there were not many elite members and had laundry back in 24 hours. The buffet is the best on any Princess ship. There were many selections and many stations. The quality of the food was great. We had anytime dining and ate in the dining room each evening. The food was OK. I always find the quality subjective and we had great meals and some we could not eat. The first few nights they had difficulty with the amount of people waiting to eat but by the end it was sorted out. The service was good. The production shows were fabulous. All of the shows were new and updated. Finally, they stepped into the 21st century. I was joyful they let the 60's and 70's go! The weather was disappointing but we all know you can't control the weather. It was windy and cool most sea days. I agree with previous reviews that there was not much shade for the lounges around the pool. My favorite moment aboard the Regal Princess was the Love Boat theme being played when arriving and departing. It was a great nostalgic moment.

Wonderful Ship