3. Explorer of the Seas
This was the December 2nd nine night cruise, Southern Caribbean with stops at Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and Labadee. Embarkation-We arrived early, around 10. There was a bit of a line, and they started getting us through screening and check in a short time later. We were checked in and ready to board by 10:30, and they had us in a waiting area for around 15 minutes, on board before 11. It was a nice change from Port Liberty taking a crosswalk onto the ship at deck 4 rather than a gangplank on deck 1. One good thing about boarding in the first group was getting to windjammer for a bite before the crowd hit. It had the usual buffet fare, hot and tasty. We had an aft corner balcony again, this time 9690 on the port side. The cabin was ready a little after 1, and except for the older tube style TV, everything looked clean and fresh. We hit the pool for a while, then off to the muster drill. It still amazes me how people just want to skip the drill, which just delays the departure and they take the risk of being put off the ship. Anyway, it was quick and painless, and we were ready to sail. We had My Time dining, a little later than we preferred-there were a LOT of older people on this cruise and it seems they all wanted to eat early. As on previous cruises, the food and service was first rate, and our servers were fantastic. We skipped the MDR one night to go to the mystery dinner theater in Portofinos. This had a limited menu, but the food was great. The show itself was a bit cheesy, with acting that reminded me of a high school play-I highly recommend it, loads of fun. We only went to a couple of shows, the juggling comedians and the Love and Marriage show. Again, it was a nice interlude with plenty of laughs. Excursions- Aruba we took the Atlantis submarine ride. It was a little cramped and the seats were a bit low to see comfortably out the portholes, but everyone did have an individual seat and view. Thy spent a lot of time making turns to make sure everyone was able to see things. Pretty good but something I think I'd only do once. Bonaire and Curacao we just took beach excursions and went swimming and snorkeling, great clear water, a perfect temperature to stay in for hours. We signed up for the Castaway at Malfini in Labadee which was cancelled due to not enough people, and we couldn't get another excursion so we walked around a bit and went up to the artisan's market. I'll skip that in the future, the vendors are a bit too aggressive for my liking. We spent the rest of the day either by the pool, or at a party that our roll call group arranged. Debarkation-We were set up with the space center tour and transportation to the Orlando airport, so we were supposed to self debark with the group early. We were a little delayed because of a medical emergency, someone had to be taken off by paramedics. We were able to make up for lost time and didn't miss out on anything on the tour-It's a must see if you have any interest in science and space flight. Leigh and Erky were their usual whacky selves, and have a great interaction with the passengers. It's a shame Erky is leaving RC and Leigh going to another ship. All in all, another great job by Royal on a terrific ship

Another Great Cruise on the Explorer

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by krazy_dave

Excursions-
All in all, another great job by Royal on a terrific ship

krazy_dave’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Cabin 9690 is a port side aft balcony. It's a little wider than the other balcony cabins, and the balcony itself is large enough for two chairs, a small table, and two loungers. The railing tilts inward so you lose a bit of space, but there's plenty of room to stretch your legs under the railing and still get lots of sun
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans