3. Vision of the Seas
Our room steward was silent and unseen. That was strangely neat! The dining staff in The Windjammer were VERY accommodating! I have been cruising since the early 90's and I can truly say that it (cruising) has changed dramatically. We are no longer treated as "special guests" and there is now a price on everything. (Not really "all-inclusive" anymore) I was disappointed in how many times that I was "cut-off" by a ship employee, or witnessed other cruisers being placed "second" by the ship staff. In the past (other cruise lines) the staff allowed customers first in every aspect. The bartenders came off as borderline arrogant and condescending in nature. The excursion staff seemed to attempt to resolve issues, and although I think their hands were tied (by Royal Caribbean port scheduling) I feel they could have dome more to help us. At no time, did I feel that Royal Caribbean was truly happy that I was there. I am an out-going type "A" personality and have a difficult time finding people that I DON'T like, but I found myself "searching" for someone with the positive attitude of going "above and beyond" in their job. Sadly, it was not on Royal Caribbean. This past cruise has encouraged me to look into all-inclusive resorts for my next vacation. I come from the service industry, so I have higher expectations, but my group of eight people felt the same way I do. I am taking the time to say all of this in hopes of you being able to investigate and address issues and create a more inviting experience for cruisers like me.

Expected more in customer service.

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Jimbohio

Jimbohio’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Cabin 2071
I wanted a balcony room but none were available. I was actually impressed with cleanliness and (all things considered) the size of our interior stateroom. We didn't spend much time in the room, so it was a non-issue. I still would have preferred a balcony room and even offered to pay the difference if one became available. No luck on this cruise.
  Vision of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cave-Tubing
    Too far to travel with limited time. Great educational forest hike. The ship (Vision of the Seas) pressured our tour-guide to return to port early so they could leave port on time.
    View All 337 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Mayan Ruins
    Limited time here as well, but truly magnificent to witness these structures! We had PERFECT weather and not many tourists here during our visit. Great photos! The ship (Vision of the Seas) pressured our tour-guide to return to port early so they could leave port on time.
    View All 153 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Cozumel
    NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR THIS! Don't waste your money!!! This is a standard type of family-fun park except the park is eco-friendly with many recycled items creating the exhibits and even the walkway. This place has TERRIBLE snorkeling because of churned water and low visibility, and we arrived too late to do the SNUBA excursion (because of port issues with the Ship). It seemed to be a friendly "safe" place, but it was so manufactured that it was not for me. The "Manatee" tube experience was too long, very crowded, and had no Manatee unless you got out of the stream to look in another pool beside the tubing channel. I wanted something more "real" in this port. If we had more time, we might have enjoyed this park, but still NOT a choice for a Central American port. It is very Americanized (except for the non-English speaking workers) like a theme park. The ship (Vision of the Seas) pressured our tour-guide to return to port early so they could leave port on time.
    View All 6,797 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Tabayana (sp?) Beach was amazing! Snorkel to the rock island to the left and swim around it! Take an underwater camera because you WILL see magnificent coral and LOTS of marine life! DON'T touch the reef! It is not permitted and destructive!