We were very excited to join the royal loyal following of RCI only to be met with disappointment after disappointment on this, our first (and possibly last) cruise with RCI. This was not only the Christmas cruise but it was our honeymoon as well. A few highlights:
1) Our a/c was not working properly and our room never fully cooled. They tried to fix it - once - but it did little to alleviate the problem. Actually, the whole ship was overheated - we were sweating at dinner, walking in the halls and for SURE in the un-airconditioned elevators.
2) Service was sub-par. Our server was exceptionally awful and rude and eventually just 'left the ship' when we docked in Jamaica (his home country). Room service attendant sighed at me and argued with me (claiming they had NO salads with chicken on them, which was untrue and she later realized), etc.
3) Food was disgusting. Greasy, bland, cold....even the 'grilled' chicken left a grease film on our plates. They also close all dining options at 9 unless they're paid restaurants, and the room service menu is very limited.
4) Limited hours - of everything. Instead of a carefree vacation we felt strapped to timetables the whole time.
5) The TV booking system didn't work correctly which caused us to miss our excursion.
6) Little decoration for Christmas on this, the Christmas Cruise.
The best part? Disembarking was quick with the self-serve option. All you have to do is schlepp your own stuff and have a US Passport and you're homefree!
The room was tiny and cramped. Even though this ship just got out of dry-dock in April, the fixtures were old and corroded, the carpet gross-looking and the wood all dinged up. The pictures/art were all dated-looking and bleh, overall a bad experience.