3. Carnival Victory
My family have been on several Carnival Cruises; however, this is our first time on Victory. The crew was nice, our cabin guy Wilfred was very attentive. Room service was prompt and courteous. We stayed in cabin 1015, which was a balcony on the top floor. Cabin was snug for 3 people. Our son is 13, and he is 5 ft 2 in. and his legs were longer than the twin bed provided. The ship is false advertising so many things to the point that I cannot list them all. But to name a few: the sushi bar is no longer on the ship, the cabins are very much smaller than they look, and the food was the worst I've ever had on a cruise. The portions are very small, most nights we had to order two dinners. The shrimp cocktails were so wrong...baby flimsy,shrimp. The wait staff was rushed. The bartender in the Atlantic dinning room was sweet and attentive. I ate at the buffet on the Lido deck on my first day and my last morning. My last morning the breakfast buffet was hot with lots of choices. My family and I have been on 4 Disney Cruises and I must say that I cannot see myself on another Carnival cruise. You should pay the extra money and go on Disney. The teenage activities are so very limited. If your children are not into swimming each and every day, they find themselves roaming the ship in little groups trying to find something to do. So, here is the thing that really, really took the fun out of my days...the lines on day one to board, to eat, to get on and off the ship at ports, to debark. The best day was on the private island...which was ruined because they shut down everything at 2pm with the last ferry taking you back to the ship at 3:15. We waited in line for an hour just to board the ferry. Each port was cut shorter and shorter as the days went on. The island of Freeport which has the least amount of things to do, you guested it, is were we docked until 6:30 pm. Other days we were required to return by 4:30. And to make matters worst, we docked in Nassau on day before the big Junkanoo parade, which was on December 26th. We should have been in Nassau for the islands biggest event of the year. I hope this was helpful.

A Fun Time, But Not a 4 Star Ship

Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 1015
Our cabin shower had mold on the shower floor. They provided us with a shower floor mat. They fixed it on our last day of the cruise. Our cabin guy Wilfred was very attentive. Room service was prompt and courteous. We stayed in cabin 1015, which was a balcony on the top floor. Cabin was snug for 3 people. Our son is 13, and he is 5 ft 2 in. and his legs were longer than the twin bed provided. There were lots of draw space for clothing, but not much room for luggage. Do yourself a favor and pack light.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Freeport
    We have been to Freeport several times, we always take a $5 bus ride to Lacaya Beach to eat and swim at Billy Joe's Seafood Shack. It's a nice place to spend the day, especially if you want to eat conch. The straw market is were the bus stops.
    View All 1,343 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    This port was actually called Little Stirrup Cay, but it was not listed in the drop-down box.
    The best day was on this private island...which was ruined because they shut down everything at 2pm with the last ferry taking you back to the ship at 3:15. We waited in line for an hour just to board the return ferry. Each port was cut shorter and shorter as the days went on. I ate, drank, and swam. There is no shortage of marine life here, even with plenty of people in the water. I saw a sting ray and a large variety of fish. If you feed them bread or crackers, they will surround you. I saw one large fish, approx 12 feet...may have been a grouper. The water was nice for December 26th. I saw my son and husband when we arrived and when we left. They disappeared immediately upon stepping foot on the island. Overall, this was a good day. Just should have been longer.
    View All 5,882 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews