3. Celebrity Constellation
They did a great job with the Christmas music. It was not too loud and good selection. Some things have changed, most for the better. No techno DJ playing loud music during embarkation on deck 4. Yeah! The CC party was in the morning instead of afternoon. I have to believe that most people would prefer not to drink alcohol in the morning, and perfectly cooked shrimp is not my "go to" mid morning snack. You were not required to wear slacks/skirts, which was a plus. They no longer do the elaborate spread with a carving station, sushi, crepes etc, but have waiters passing very acceptable edibles. Disappointing was the fact that only the band played. They were very good, but I liked it when they involved all the entertainment in the party. I still have a video of Cassie singing with the Acapella group. The party was brief because there was nothing "coming next" The Captain is a hoot! No more acapella groups, miss them, no more sea day extravagant buffet, miss that too, but understand the logistics must have been overwhelming. No more smoking in the dining area of deck 10. No Riedel stems in Tuscan Grill, but an acceptable substitute. Staff has been super, especially on this Christmas cruise. To give a couple of examples of guest service, I was searching for ice for our Christmas morning champagne, trying to discover where they hid the ice machine. An Officer was walking down our hall and asked what I needed. I told him I was looking for ice. He asked if I called anyone. I said no, that I did not want to disturb anyone on Christmas morning. He said he would take care of it. Less than 3 minutes later, he was at our door with a bucket of ice! One evening we were sitting at the Martini bar. One of the Bartenders arrived with a tray laden with clean glassed. A guest arrived just about the time he set his tray down. Rather than finish emptying the tray of glasses, he immediately served the guest. Yes, Staff, some of us do notice what a great job you do! The buffet has been reconfigured, but only one Chef for Poached eggs and pasta made for very long waits, up to a half hour. There was no "Benedict" display of the different types. I miss the Mexican the Benedict on Mexican cruise. Burgers were a wait as usual, also up to a half hour. If they allowed people to have the burgers medium, it would move things along. Interesting was the carving station and cheese selections. Same cheeses, different presentation, but no blue cheese. The food has changed. It is certainly a step down from where it was when we first started sailing Celebrity in 2011. No more signature meatballs, no more pot pie on the buffet, "prime" rib was tough, even cooked MR. There was a fish on the menu that neither DH, an avid fishermen, or I had ever heard of. One upside, they have replaced the lamb shanks, which even DH couldn't finish, with a perfectly seasoned boneless creation wrapped in the thinnest of Phyllo. I feel so much better that all that meat is not being thrown out. Stage entertainment was very good. The Casino was mean to me. I figure next time I'll just run through, throwing my money. It will save my fingernails. No more Mexican dancers in Cozumel, perhaps this was because it was Christmas Eve. Down side, the Celebrity Life activities were a joke. Maybe it was because it was Christmas and there were so many kids on board. They showed kids movies on the big screen and Santa handed out gifts to all the children. That is understandable for this cruise, but I am hoping our next cruise will have some interesting and intelligent speakers. I LIKE hearing about Columbus' affect on the new world, NASA's contributions to society and how much gold is in the world. The speakers set Celebrity apart. They are equal to the Speakers on Seabourn. Also, there were no craft classes. I enjoyed making my lanyard, learning to do paper mache and make survival bracelets. (Well, not so much the survivor bracelets) Once again, perhaps it was due to the Christmas cruise. The Connie is starting to show her age. Our bathroom sink was scratched and worn, but the common areas showed no wear that I saw. But of all the downsides, and upsides there is only one MAJOR flaw, GIVE ME BACK MY NIGHTLY CHOCOLATES!!!!

Constellation, Dec 22 Christmas Cruise

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Keys Kathy

Some things have changed, most for the better.
No techno DJ playing loud music during embarkation on deck 4. Yeah!
No more smoking in the dining area of deck 10.
No Riedel stems in Tuscan Grill, but an acceptable substitute.
Yes, Staff, some of us do notice what a great job you do!

Keys Kathy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Ocean View 7
Cabin 07 3016
Right near the forward elevators on the hall toward the centrum. No noise to speak of except for the usual loud person that forgets to use their indoor voice at 3:00 AM, but there was only 1 and I was in the bathroom, so close to the hall.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins