3. Celebrity Millennium
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our Asian Adventure. We spent 4 nights in Singapore at the Grand Hyatt and had plenty of time to explore the city on our own. It was hot and rained a bit but there was so much to see and do, we didn't mind. The Christmas decorations were beautiful. Check in at the port went very smoothly. The weather for the rest of the cruise was excellent except for one day that caused us to miss the port of Chan May. It was closed due to the remnants of the typhoon in the Philippines. Due to skipping that port, we arrived early to Halong Bay and I was able to rearrange our private tours to make the most out of the additional time. The private tours we booked in Bangkok and Vietnam were outstanding. If you go to Thailand and/or Vietnam, I strongly recommend Thai Tour Guide and Smile Tours with Thi. We spend a night in Bangkok since the port is pretty far from the city. The Eastin Grand Sathorn was a wonderful hotel. The pool and breakfast buffet are outstanding. The full day Halong Bay junk tour is not to be missed! We were served the freshest, most delicious food and visited a fishing village where locals took us out on small boats. We also visited a huge cave that was beautiful. It helped that the weather was sunny and perfect. This was our 3rd Celebrity cruise and we were not impressed by anything really. The food was very average except for one meal I had in the MDR. Service was usually slow (we had Select dining). I'm not one to nit pick about food choices but I was surprised when I requested a banana for my cereal from Room Service and was told they had none. Really, not one banana???? I went to only a couple shows because we had seen them before. One thing we really enjoyed were the port lectures and learning about Buddhism from the Celebrity Life speaker. The Shaolin Monks were also enjoyable. Fortunately we met some great fellow cruise critic members onboard and enjoyed spending time with them. Debarkation was very fast and easy. We caught a cab to the JW Marriott hotel in Hong Kong and spent one more fun day exploring on our own. Overall an amazing trip but Celebrity has really slipped down a notch in our opinion. When comparing the food buffets from the hotels we stayed at, Celebrity is not even close in quality or freshness.

Fabulous Itinerary; Ship Just OK

thestokes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Millennium price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Cabin 2A 7098
Cabin was roomy but balcony was small and needed attention. (peeling paint and floor) Bed was comfortable. No excess noise but otherwise a pretty standard balcony room.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins