3. Vision of the Seas
Getting on the ship was a really bad experience. Apparently RC has nothing to do with the terminals until you stand in line for over an hour and reach the second floor. No one was helpful at the terminal. I had asked for pier assistance for my husband and they promised a wheelchair.....but when we got there, we were told no wheelchair until we got to the second floor. Needless to say, he was exhausted trying to stand and weave around the barriers until we could get up the escalator. Then it was just by chance we caught the attention of a caring RC staff member with an empty wheel chair that was able to get us through what was going to be at least another hour of lines, to the special assistance area. We were told by guest services once on the ship that Terminal 2 is bad....they alternate between 2 and 3...and Terminal 3 is better....but I wouldn't trust that. It was a very, very bad start to our vacation. We had a great cabin due to catching a price break....clean, spacious and a great cabin attendant. The problem with the cabin was the noise late at night and in the early morning hours....it was like someone was rolling heavy equipment on the floor above our cabin. When I asked guest services their response was "call security and we will find out who in making the noise." Well, at 3 AM, 3:30 AM, 4AM, I didn't feel like calling for a noise that I am sure was RC staff....a nice cabin, but if you are a light sleeper the noise from above may keep you up. We did take advantage of the conceirge lounge and enjoyed the service there. The Conceirge was very helpful and if it wasn't for him we probably would have had a horrible experience getting off the ship without a wheelchair. With all the older folks and those with disabilities traveling I think RC needs to be more tuned in to their needs on this ship. We have been on others where there were not as many difficulties. We dined at table 160...the first two nights our meals were very slow and service was bad. The head waiter fortunately stepped in and took over and things improved 150%. Overall we enjoyed the cruise and ports, but I would be hesitant to ever cruise out of Tampa...and on a smaller ship again.

Don't Sail From Tampa; Vision of the Seas

hawaicricket’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Owner's Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin OS 8504
We had a great cabin due to catching a price break....clean, spacious and a great cabin attendant. Lots of closet and drawer space...double sinks in large bathroom that had both a tub and shower. The problem with the cabin was the noise late at night and in the early morning hours....it was like someone was rolling heavy equipment on the floor above our cabin. When I asked guest services their response was "call security and we will find out who in making the noise." Well, at 3 AM, 3:30 AM, 4AM, I didn't feel like calling for a noise that I am sure was RC staff....a nice cabin, but if you are a light sleeper the noise from above may keep you up.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins