3. Caribbean Princess
Hi! I'm 13 and me and my family just came back from the Caribbean Princess cruise today. There were many good things about it and other things that probably need improvement. I will start with the first day and arrival onto the ship. Me and my family got onto the boat at Port Everglades. The embarkment process went fairly fast although there were a lot of long long lines. The staff was nice enough but seemed kind of bored and tired. After filling out many tedious health forms and waiting in extensive lines, we arrived on the cruise ship.Right before you board, the staff will ask to take pictures of you. Don't do it! There will be many more chances to take pictures and it only slows down the whole process. My family was very hungry when we got on the ship so we immediately rushed to the Horizon court for a quick buffet lunch. I extremely recommend eating before you get on the ship!!! This cruise line has MAJOR problems with really long lines and the buffet line was really long and not worth it. The food at all the buffets were very good though. There are many options for everyone and there is defiantly something for you even if you are a very picky eater like me. Later that night we went to the evening show which was "Caribbean Caliente" and I was very impressed with the performers. They really put on a good show that looked very practiced and professional. For dinner we ate at the anytime sit down dinner at the Coral cafe. The service was average but the food was very good. We had a mini suite with a balcony and I slept in the pull out couch bed. If you do have a child sleeping in the couch bed, ask your attendant for a pad for the bed it makes it much for comfortable. When we woke up in the morning the next day, we had a lovely breakfast at the breakfast buffet in the Horizon cafe which had some great options. The second day on the cruise was an at sea day and the cruise line had many events planned for that day. As I am 13, I was expected to go to the teen club onboard, "Remix." I ended up not going any of the days to the teen club as the only people in it were 15 year old boys. I think that if you have a younger child, the kids club looked nice and fun but the teen club was a big let down. The show that night was a comedian and he was very funny but I'm sure that you will have different entertainment on your next Caribbean Princess cruise. The next day, we were at port in Mexico and my family decided to take an excursion to Coba, the Mayan ruins. The excursion was very over priced at $70 per person. The tour of Coba was not the most popular excursion for many reasons. To get to the ruins, you have to take a 40 minute boat ride and then a hour and 45 minute bus ride both ways. If you do want to go to the ruins but you don't want such a tedious trip, go to the ruins of Tulum. This excursion was very popular with over 200 people on it. To get back on the boat, the lines were not to long but the boat ended up leaving much later than expected at all ports we visited. The next day was another day at sea (Christmas Day also) Again, the cruise had many activities planned and there was something for everyone. On the last day, we docked in the Bahamas at Princess Cruise line's private island, Princess Kay. At 10:00 in the morning, right after my family and I finished breakfast and were about to head for the dock, we heard an announcement come on the system saying that the line to get off the boat was too long and no one else should join the line and that to get off the boat, you had to take a water taxi to from the boat to the land. The announcement said that when the line got shorter, they would make another announcement. If you are smart, sleep in that day and don't try to leave the boat until about 12:30. At 12:30 my family and I were able to get on a 5 minute water taxi and get to the island. Princess Kay was crowded but the water was perfectly clear and with a fantastic view, it was almost paradise. I do recommend renting a "Clamshell" ahead of time as the beach chairs fill up very fast. The ship said that the last water taxi would leave at 3:15 but the last one left at around 4:30 so take your time when leaving the island. Leaving the ship the next day was a little bit chaotic. You have to be out of your room at 8:00 so the smartest way to leave is to book a "Walk-Off Time" for 8:20. The line to get off the ship was insane and took about 1 hour to get out of the line. When we finally finished in the building, we walked outsides only to find that we were at a different port than where we got on the boat. The ship wanted you to wait in a line that would take 4 hours to board a shuttle and they would drive you to your car. The shuttle could only hold 2 families so my family smartly decided for my dad to take a taxi (cost was $10) while we waited for him on the sidewalk, then he drove the car to us and we left. This whole process took 15 minutes which was way less than waiting in the long line. The port where we docked is about 5 miles from where you would have parked so it was impossible to walk. All in all, the cruise was pretty good with many modern aspects and fun activities.I hope this review helped you decide whether you want to go on this cruise or not. Thanks for reading!!!

Pretty Good!

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by rgordon77

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas

rgordon77’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Cabin D225
The room was very nice and the room service food was really good. Also the people who were cleaning were very nice and accommodating. They actually made me a sock monkey out of towels with googly eyes and everything!
  Caribbean Princess Deck Plans