3. Norwegian Breakaway
Like every ship I have sailed on this one has it's Pro's and Con's. Pro's the ship is beautiful and immaculate. The Food was exceptional, much better than Carnival and Royal Caribbean and I sail both other cruise lines all the time. Julie, the Cruise Director is everywhere and she is wonderful and easy to speak with. The staff of the ship is top notch and friendly. The bars, restaurants and special areas for lounging are wonderful-loved O'Sheehans, try the fish and chips, chicken pot pie, prime rib and wings. Guiness of course. The rooms are very nice, if a bit tight-but the showers and bathrooms are awesome. I love the spirit of the ship especially the song and video of "Limbo" done by the crew that is played everywhere and all the time. Loved the "washie, washie" for every restaurant and event. They make it fun for everyone-just wished the hand sanitizer smelled a little better. Saw Geoffrey Zakarain from the Food Network while boarding, he encouraged us to try his restaurant Ocean Blue on the ship which we did- LOVED IT!!! 5 stars plus***** Especially the raw bar. The Sushi bar is fantastic with very reasonable prices- my kids ( 9 and 14 loved it.) No problems with tenders, embarkation, disembarkation etc. Each port was wonderful and a breeze. Did not feel one wave going down south or one heading north-we had fantastic weather. My son who is the 14 years old-loved Entourage, we never saw him- he made about a dozen good friends . Played basketball all the time, DJ'ayed at the parties, went on the ropes course a half dozen times, loved the slides, pools ,hot tubs, had dinner with his friends at O'Sheehans at 2 am every night ( open 24 hours), ate rainbow cookies at Carlos, ate fresh made sushi like it was going out of style and loved the fireworks and shows. My daughter 9- loved the camp, was thrilled to go up on stage to sing a song from FROZEN with Broadway Star Natalie Weiss as snow fell on her, loved Rock of Ages, the dancing from Burn the Floor, the Nickelodean Characters, the dancing and all the trivia games. My wife loved the balcony in our room, the attentiveness of the staff, the food ( we did not have one sub-par meal), the hot tubs and the adult areas. Did I mention the adult areas- they are Spectacular- adult pools, quiet areas, great lounge chairs and wonderful bars and places to grab a book and just chill. What did I love- the cigar room, very tasteful-great drinks, good cigars with very nice people, the entertainment-loved Rock of Ages- thought Second City was just plain awful- Burn the Floor was very good -but even better in the Manhattan Dining Room . The goodbye show and staff talent shows were super, as was Natalie Weiss who has a beautiful voice and great stage presence. The Con's How do you stuff 50 lbs of flour into a 20 lbs bag? Ask Norwegian they somehow manage to do it and it is extremely uncomfortable. Public areas crowded, long lines everywhere, hallways are too small, rooms tight, everything seems cramped and uncomfortable-somehow they manage to get us all through it. But it is the one major Con of an otherwise fantastic cruise. The reservation system for the dining rooms is the other one- why have it???? If you don't need reservations? You can just walk up to a dining room and walk in at the same time as those that have reservations. Big problem and it adds to confusion.

Hey, I Really Loved It!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Brunswick Kid

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony Stateroom
Like every ship I have sailed on this one has it's Pro's and Con's.
Pro's the ship is beautiful and immaculate.
The staff of the ship is top notch and friendly.
The Con's
Brunswick Kid’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B4 11216
Loved the cabin especially the bathroom and the balcony-although it was cramped at times.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins