Other than being disappointed by Oceania once again taking two ports off the cruise as we were cruising the trip was amazing! We were supposed to stop in Cyprus and one additional stop in Egypt. VERY disappointed that we didn't. The cruise line told us it was due to weather but we know that over 30 guests missed flights and so the ship stayed another night in Istanbul to save themselves money. I'm certain that guests would have understood had they told the truth. Had I been one of the people who had our flight delayed I would have appreciated the cruise line waiting. Knowing that we were lied to put a damper on the beginning of the cruise then later when we were again told that we wouldn't stop at a port in Egypt we wondered what the real reason was. This isn't the first time Oceania has done this. Every cruise we have been on with them they have eliminated at least one port....to save money?? When you sign up with a cruise line you expect to stop at all the ports you pay for.

Middle East; Nothing to Fear

lovelyday’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Nautica price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH3
Rooms are very nice and recently updated.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    We arrived in Egypt via Nautica. Samir Abbass greeted us immediately after docking. His communication is excellent. We typically book our own excursions and I wouldn't hesitate to book again with Real Egypt for your shore excursion. We had a reliable and excellent vehicle and driver. Samir is very educated and speaks excellent English. He is easy to understand and enjoyable to listen to. We were concerned about safety prior to arriving and never once did I feel like I was in danger. Samir knows the area well and you can be confident that safety isn't an issue. We only had one day in Cairo so we saw the Giza pyramids among many other sites. Samir is an Egyptologist and was able to take us to places where other tourists can't go. As an extra benefit Samir takes excellent pictures throughout the tour at no charge. He is the FIRST tour guide who has offered this to us and it is a great benefit! We have amazing pictures of us on camels in front of the pyramids. A once in a lifetime experience. This trip is breathtaking and exceptional. Right now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt. Few travelers are there so deals are good. A HUGE plus to booking with Samir is that he doesn't take you to the "shops". If you want to purchase something he helps you negotiate. The price was far better than the ship excursion and we had a significantly better custom tour! Booking with Real Egypt Tours and Samir Abbass is the ONLY way to go!!