3. Carnival Valor
This was my 3rd time sailing the Carnival Valor. Although it's a beautiful ship with its Americana decor, it needs some upgrades. I would like to see the 2.0 upgrades on her. My husband and sons are smokers and the new smoking areas on the starboard side are beautiful and very comfy. Wasn't thrilled with the music on deck or in the main lounges since most of it was all Spanish music. This was the firs time dining in the Lincoln Dining Room and I must say, I prefer the Washington. The Licoln seems out of the way and out of midst of the fun although our waiter Alexander was phenomenal. Scarlett's Steakhouse did not disappoint. This was our third time there and on this cruise we had a very special celebration there. Our son and his girlfriend were getting engaged. Sandra, the steahouse manager was an integral part of the surprise and she went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect for the proposal. The evening went off without a hitch and we can't thank Sandra enough. The class of the passengers aboard the Valor this time surprised me. It seemed like there were so many loud, obnoxious, entitled, pushy locals onboard and although I love visiting Old San Juan as a port of call, I don't know that I would ever leave from there again. I love sailing Carnival and always have fun no matter what. Sailing with my family on this trip made it all the more special, but this definitely wasn't my favorite trip. I chose it mainly because of the itinerary and secondly because I had sailed the Valor before, but I was a bit disappointed.

Carnival Valor Family Cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by giannasgrandma

giannasgrandma’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8F 1065
Our cabin was perfectly situated close to the new smoking area. We were 1 deck above the Lido and right outside a hot tub, pool and end of the water slide. It was the perfect location for us and I wouldn't hesitate to book this category again.
Spa Deck Balcony Cabins

• Beach
    If you get a chance to do the Beach Hopping tour, do it! It was awesome! We rode in an old bus to two different beaches learning about the island along the way. Nick, our guide, was amazing. The rum punch flowed freely and the flying fish sandwich was the best sandwich I had the whole trip! The beaches were beautiful, the sand white and the fun non-stop. Loved this excursion!
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    We spent the morning shopping in port. We were approached by a numbe rof taxi drivers wanting to take us on tours of the islands, but we were interested in jewelry shopping. Our favorite stores were Kay's and Colors. Nick, the manager of Colors arranged for someone to take us on a small island tour and a trip to Romney Manor (my request). LeRoy was a wonderful guide giving us a history of the island, showing us some of the highlights and returning us safe and sound back to Colors. What an incredible day! Best shopping, beautiful island and friendliest people. Loved it!!!
    View All 1,693 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Lucia
    We spent the morning shopping in the port shops since e heard it wasn't safe to walk around the city on our own. The shops were pretty, the salespeople friendly, but all in all, it was a typical port shopping area.
    View All 1,387 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Lucia Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    Paid the $7 to ride the water taxi all day. Shopped up and down Front Street and then paid $10 for bewach chairs and an umbrella and swam in the beautiful waters right off the main street. Such a gorgeous beach, friendly locals and great sales in the stores. One of my favorite islands.
    View All 4,733 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • Magen Bay Beach
    I booked this excursion because it left after lunch so I had shopping time in the morning. I could have done without the stop at Drake's seat. It was much too crowded and was hard for us to back out. Magen's Bay beach was crowded and the water was very cloudy. The drinks were good although expensive. If I were to go again, I would just grab a taxi in town.
    View All 236 Magen Bay Beach Reviews