• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Carnival Sunshine Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

New Ship in a Bottle; Destiny becomes Sunshine!

Review for Carnival Sunshine to the Eastern Caribbean
bubys2
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2014
Cabin: Spa Balcony
Traveled with children

The following is a true review of the Carnival Sunshine!

My family was planning a Christmas Cruise for 2014 and we knew Carnival was going to be our number 1 choice. This would be our 6th cruise on Carnival and our 3rd over Christmas. We sailed the innaugural year of Glory & Dream and wanted to give it another go. Our first reaction was "Has to be the Breeze". However, I I researched, the Sunshine kept coming up on my radar. I followed the renovations process from Destiny to Sunshine. (watched all the videos / read all the reviews) We had never sailed on the Destiny, so we could not compare Sunshine to Destiny. In the end, Sunshine wins!

Our cruise was to depart Friday, December 19, 2014 for a 8 day sailing to include ports of call - Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Marten & St. Thomas with three days at sea.

Spa Balcony

Cabin 8T

The Cabin Location was Fabulous! The Cabin was perfect for our family of 3. Loved it!

Port Reviews

Grand Turk

Our favorite port of call was Grand Turk. The small shopping village just off the dock was perfect. There is a huge Margaritaville with a massive swimming pool. (free) There is also a flowrider available at a price.The beach area was great too, just right off the dock. There is sand, then coral reef - you need to float over the reef to get to the deeper water for great swimming and snorkle.Loved Grand Turk!

Find a Carnival Sunshine Cruise from $269