3. Navigator of the Seas
We love Royal Caribbean and cruised on Navigator of the Seas on February 23rd after 4 weeks out of drydock. After a few minor problems and a few comments on the comment card, we decided to give Navigator of the Seas another try and booked onboard for turkey week. To us, a vacation is a cruise vacation! Had a beautiful day leaving our home in Cypress Texas for the 1 hour and 15 minute drive to Galveston. We decided that Royal has a reason for asking you to come at a certain check-in time so we decided instead of getting there real early we would abide by our 11:45 AM check-in. In the past, we have always arrived at 10 AM. The first problem we had was 1-45 South to Galveston construction closure. We were not the only ones in this major traffic jam, saw many shuttles, busses, and cars with luggage all in the same bumper to bumper traffic. Couldn't wait to get there. Once past Nasa Road 1, we were anxious to get there. Got to the pier, unloaded luggage, hubby went to parking lot, came back quick, and we immediately went inside. We arrived about 12:20 and were on the ship when the rooms were cleared. Really smooth compared to back in February. We were in room 9610 balcony. The one we picked back at Next Cruise in February so we knew what our room looked liked. One perk about booking on board, find the cabin you want and reserve it. Ronald Holt was our steward. Met us, greeted us in the hall, opened our door, we had ice twice a day, and reminded us about our excursion the night before. Room was always clean. Greatest steward ever. We also WOW ed him. Changes that we found 100% better than February 2014......(1) Bartenders walked around the pool more and took your order. No need to have to go to the Sky Bar all the time. Of course the Skybar was a great hangout. Bartenders there were great and after 1st day they knew your name . (2) Food in the diningroom was fantastic and hot. Recommendations given by our Royal Hostess were fantastic. Big improvement from February. Bar staff took our orders so we always had wine. We had late seating and we always out of diningroom by 9:45 PM. We also gave our waitstaff extra money on the last night because she was so sweet, corgial, and just the best ever. Back in February I did not care for the green sauce on the lobster so this time they brought me the lobster without it. As a matter of fact they gave me 3. All of the food in the diningroom was good and the beef tenderloin and the fish was very appetizing. We also did the specialty restaurants on this cruise. We did Chops in February and did not do it this time. We did Sabor, and the guacamole was so good. Wished we had more. The food was really good. Was so full, I dozed off during the comedy show. We also went to Izumi. Remember that Izumi is a la carte. We enjoyed picking many different dishes to share. Be sure to get the tenderloin that you cook on the hot rock. We also went to Giovanti's table the last night. It was very good as well. We are breakfast at the Windjammer every morning and we were happy with selection. Had our Bloody Mary (Windjammer Bar) they make the best, and got my Starbucks with my beverage package. Just sat by the window, relaxed, and waited for our friends to touchbase. We did eat at the diningroom during breakfast one morning. I found it easier just to go to the Windjammer because you were not rushed to order or to get up and leave. We did eat at diningroom twice during lunch and it was really good. Highly suggest it. Salad bar really good. Last cruise we did Johnny Rockets but this cruise for some reason did not get there. But it sure is nice to just get a hamburger and fries and a milkshake. As for the Promendade café, yes they could do a little makeover in the sandwiches and pizza department. But I had no problem after coming back from excursion and getting a couple pieces of pizza or a sandwich since dinner was at 8:30. Ice Cream on deck also took care of the sweet tooth. Entertainment was good. Our crowd really enjoyed it especially "Quest". Now I know what to bring on next cruise to be able to help participate in this scavenger hunt. Love and Marriage was good also but I think the old married couple already decided they were going to be on the show and had written down there answers. Their answers were exact but it was fun. Ice Skating show was great and we loved the bands. Only problem is when you have late seating you miss some of the dancing. Missed Bubba Feathers dancing most of the time. They really need to put the dancing in the Cosmo Lounge on 14. More room to dance. Baleros is kinda small especially for Bubba. We loved the Rock and Roll Trivia, 80's trivia, in the Schoover Bar but I kinda wished it was in the am because eating dinner or being somewhere had us trying to get there. The activity cruise staff made it fun and enjoyable. Casino is not part of our cruise but we heard if you played the first night you had a good chance of winning so after dinner the first night I put a dollar in Wheel of Fortune slot and won $600.00. That was enough for me. Cashed in and left. Plus it did start getting smoky. Heard reviews about disco etc. There is plenty of dancing, country, rock, dancing with headphones on, etc. Something for everyone. We had a beautiful week on the cruise. Spent time up on top deck watching all of the kids on FloRider, and rock wall. Played putt putt golf, watched the dodge ball and enjoyed our alcohol beverages. Got some great sunshine. As for shopping on board, yes they have the t-shirts for $10.00 on the last day. I like picking up a few and also my clip magnets and emory boards, I do not do the jewelry. Did that a couple cruises ago. We also stopped buying the alcohol on board like on previous cruises. Kinda crazy with all of the people picking up those souveners but you're on vacation. Everyone needs to be flexible. And yes there is only 1 person or 2 in gift shop but be patient and just talk to your fellow passengers. I found out one of them in line lived in the same subdivision. We decided not to take our luggage off and let Royal do it. We had a 9:30 departure time. It was 9:45 when he headed down to customs. I got in line, hubby found luggage no problem. Got in line with me and together we went through customs. Took 45 minutes if that long. No problems. We were on shuttle bus and in our car 10:45. Headed home 45 North and saw the traffic jam again on the other side. What a bummer. Had a great trip and back to reality. Cruising is the best. Nothing is 100%. Yes there might be a few things you do not like but brush it off. We booked again while on board. Best deal ever. Sticking with Royal Caribbean.

This Thanksgiving Day Cruise Was A 100% Improvement From February

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Cool Rider

Cool Rider’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Loved our cabin on the port side. Two cabins before the hump. Bathroom is a little small but aren't they all? We had plenty of room for our suitcases. Put the garment bag under the bed but all 3 others went in the closet. Bed was very comfy and slept good. Plenty of room for our toiletries. Closet large enough for our suitcases and all hanging clothes and had shelves in closet for our shoes, and anything else. The drawer space was big enough for personals, shorts, bathing suits, etc plus there were cabinets above for more stuff. Loved our balcony with the two chairs and tables. Bring you a bungy cord if you want to keep your door open at night time. We did find out that if you are doing the Jamaica itinerary you need to book on the starboard side so you can see the ports. If you book the Belize itinerary, you book the port side.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Jamaica Bobsled Experience
    Loved it. They also take your picture for you to purchase. Cost is $15.00 but is a good souvenir. Fun gliding through the rainforest. Would definitely do it again. Regarding Falmouth, I found it to be a really nice port. Very nice shopping area, try the meat pies they are so good. Meat pies are made fresh. Prices are very good and the locals are not pushy like they are in Ochos Rios. It was a very enjoyable shopping experience. We were hesitant because of our bad experience in Ochos Rios by the falls. The locals were so touchy and very aggressive.
    View All 26 Jamaica Bobsled Experience Reviews
  • Ziplining
    Loved it. Guides were great and so funny. They catch you on the other side. This is the Mystic Mountain Tour. You take a chair lift to the top, do the zipline and then the Jamaican bobsled. No one if too old for this tour. Bobsled is fun if you like rollercoasters. It is about a 4 minute ride. Chair Lift is 20 minutes through rainforest and you can see so much from up there. We saw cruise ships in ochos rios from up there. Beautiful. They also have gift shops and eating places up there. Bus ride is about 40 minutes from port but very enjoyable by the guide. Hubby actually took a nap on way back. Bus is comfy. They also had red stripe beer at the end of the ziplining along with water and soda for a dollar.
    View All 57 Ziplining Reviews