3. Carnival Dream
Let me preface this by saying my family and I had a great time together. We just enjoy getting away from our daily lives and spending time together on the open seas. It does not take much to please us. Clear skies, open water, and a cold beverage is about all we need to have a good time for a week. Here ya go: This was my third cruise and second with Carnival. Our other trip was through NCL. Embarkation and disembarkation: This was relatively easy. Lines were moving and seemed pretty organized. We were parked and on the ship within an hour. Disembarkation took about 45 minutes. Staff: Disinterested. I'm used to bartenders, servers, and stewards knowing me by name and greeting me when they walk by. This staff was just there collecting a paycheck and quite a few of them made it known that they hated their job. It took 30 minutes to get pool side service to take an order and each time it seemed like it was killing them to bring me back a beer. The only bright spot was our server, Alexandru, who is technically not staff. He was a very nice guy and treated our family nicely every night. He did a good job with what he had to work with. Just a tremendous guy that you could tell takes pride in his work. Shows/Entertainment: Worst I've seen on a cruise. They performed a different version of the same show every night - same average singers and same horrible dancing every night. I quit going after the third show (where we had to leave during the middle of it). We really enjoyed The Blackjack Band, which played nightly on Deck 5 at mid ship next to the casino. They played mostly country but mixed in whatever you wanted. Food: We did not do premium dinners, so I can't vouch for that. Nightly dinners were about on par with typical cruise food. I would rate it slightly lower than NCL. The buffet, to me, was inedible with the exception of breakfast. The pasta bar was good, but takes 30-45 minutes to get your meal. Food around the pool (burgers, hot dogs, and pizza) was all good. Excursions: This was a bright spot. Easy on/Easy off. Key West- We took a half day snorkeling (Key West Fury). Very well done, staff was great. Freeport- We went to a Wyndham Resort about 30 minutes from the port. Not very crowded. All inclusive. Good food. Good drinks. Relaxing. Good time. Nassau- Went to the Rio next to Atlantis. Again, good food (awesome buffet), good drinks, all inclusive. Only downside is it was a lot more crowded than Wyndham and folks were trying to sell you something every 10 minutes. Again, we still had a great time but this will be our last trip with Carnival.

Good Not Great

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by BamaBahama

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior
Excursions: This was a bright spot. Easy on/Easy off.
Again, we still had a great time but this will be our last trip with Carnival.
BamaBahama’s Full Rating Summary