3. Freedom of the Seas
First off... Had an AMAZING time on this vacation. My wife, 2 children (9 and turned 7 during the cruise) and I are 1st time cruisers... Although, just prior to boarding the ship we were informed that due to mechanical problems the vessel was not able to reach it's top cruising speed and that our time in ports of call would be shorter than previously planned. We said, on with the vacation!!! Day of Embarkation: Although we were first timers we did had some help from my in-laws, who had been on this very same cruise and ship a year previous, also with us for this vacation. Having a good idea of what to expect the first day, And it was not nearly as bad as they had described until we arrived in the Windjammer buffet area. It was jam packed with more people than it could possibly hold, Only due to the fact that the cabins would not be ready until 1:00pm, We were thankful that the rooms were ready earlier than 1 o'clock. The room was VERY nice! We had a Balcony room Deck 10. We met our Steward as we were heading to dinner that evening, Very nice and helpful... Thanks Deo! At dinner the service was FANTASTIC from night one and only got better as the week went on. We went with the 5:30 seating. Chester, our head waiter. Vicktor, assistant waiter And Freddy our Beverage guy. We had were a party of 9 and they worked as a great team. Taking very good care of us each and every night!! Day 1: Day at sea: Did allot of relaxing and watching the kids play around the pool. Pool area was a little crowded. But expected. Day 2 Labadee, Haiti: It took a little bit for the drinks area to open up in order to get water for the kids and beverages for the adults and such. Had fun on the beach, then went on the Dragon's Tail Coaster!!! TOO FUN!!! 4 times on this coaster and didn't want to stop. Unfortunately the seas were starting to get a little rough that day so we had to board the ship a little sooner than expected. Day 3, Jamaica: I can now say that i have been there... the Beach excursion was nice in Montego Bay... But I would not book another cruise or vacation with Jamaica as a destination stop. Nothing bad happened or anything. Just personal preference. Getting back on the ship was no hassle at all. Day 4, Grand Cayman: Really enjoyed this stop. I do recommend an excursion, if you have not already done it. the "Trolly Roger" It may not be for everyone I found it to be relaxing and informative. After that a little shopping around the port area then tendered back to the ship. 2 1/2 hours of Grand Cayman we hear the captain's voice over the P.A.( which I discovered is rarely good news) And this was no exception. I very young passenger had become very sick and needed medical attention that the ship's doctors' could not accommodate the extended care needed. And that we would be turning back for Grand Cayman, also that to reach Cozumel and make it back to Port Canaveral on time would not be possible. As much as I was looking forward to Cozumel, I was not upset or mad I was concerned for the little girl that needed medical attention. Last word was that she had been cared for in Grand Cayman and was being flown via helicopter to Miami for further care. I truly hope that she is doing well! day 5, Sailing around west Cuba: So with an extra day at sea we spent some time at the pools. and the Promenade, Had dinner, Caught a show, then to "The Quest" game show in studio B. that was really good fun!!! The kids had lots of fun at the Ocean adventure for kids... Played games and made some new friends. Day 6, More of the sea day: The Kids never got tired of the pool time, Neither did I. I will say this was the most relaxing day of the vacation. Day 7: Disembarkation: We chose the Carry and go method of leaving the ship. Rather than having our luggage taken the night before we decided to carry our own bags off the ship and get an early start on our 13 hour drive home. We arrived on deck 4 and waited for about 10 minutes or so before the line started moving. once it started it did not take us long to move through the line and get through customs. We were in the car and moving at 7:15. i would say overall... Great vacation. and we will definitely cruise on this ship and with Royal again!!!

Great first time experience, even if we didn't make to Cozumel.

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Skoteeze

Skoteeze’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Cabin was great. Can't say enough about our Steward... He was 1st class all the way!!! As was the rest of the staff and crew!!! THANK YOU!!!
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans