3. Costa Fascinosa
We sailed on the Costa Fascinocia Greek Isle Cruise in Nov 2014. The good things: ship very clean and cabin attendant was wonderful and happy all the time! Pizza in the specialty / pay xtra for was really good.. had taste and variety, espresso and cappuchino's good. lots of cold cuts/ meat if you are in to that. Now for the bad.... Very few restaurant choices...Food was absolutely horrible.. were to start... way too many to mention but will indicate a few items....... what little beef there was was overcooked as was the little amount of pork,1/8inch over cooked pork chops,all the rolls and buns dry,stale and crumbly, the pizza at buffet was ultra thin made on a dry hard tortia shell with not much taste of ingredients, hamburgers no taste and dry, very few / food choices at buffet,,, not enough seating at buffet, no chocolate milk, not much white milk, no cream for coffee, coffee was horrible,no ice cream other than pay vending machines,only a couple of desert choices, no buffet at supper time as you have to eat in restaurant at same time every night. Food in the sit down restaurant was nothing special as a matter of fact everything but the salad is pre-frozen as the menu states this.My wife asked for a caesar salad and was told no they don't have that available. We tried the sit down restaurant for breakfast and we were seated at long tables elbow to elbow and other than a fresh cooked omelette or fried eggs all the rest of the food was the same buffet food that you literally got up and helped yourself.We got up and left without eating there. The first night at the dinner restaurant we asked for a glass of wine each as we had purchased the all inclusive package. We were handed a bill for the price of the wine to which i reiterated we had the inclusive package. Apparently my Costa card only indicated Water on it..I asked the waiter to check in the computer as we had had several drinks in the bar that afternoon with no problems. I reiterated that we had paid for the all inclusive . Our Waiter indicated he was too busy to check and if i had a problem i had to go to customer service unless i had proof of documents right now. I said OK i will pay for them right now but I want to be reimbursed later . He indicated that would not happen . I left and went to my cabin as it was only two flights up and retrieved my documents of proof. I showed them to the waiter who told me to go to the customer service as was to busy to look into it. We got up and left our food and stood in the customer service line for ten minutes. there was two other people with the very same issue. The customer service person was horrified and very apologetic and issued us a new card right away. they did indicate that had the waiter run our card he would of seen we did indeed have the package and he could of fixed it if he wanted to.... I pointed out that the waiter did run our card as he provided us with a bill to pay for our wine. The ships entertainers/dancers tried their best but the productions were very high schoolish.. there was one female singer though that was really fantastic. there was a married acrobatic couple for one of the shows and they too were fantastic. For the excursions you met in the large theater and it was vary chaotic and everyone had to go up on stage to get your ticket/sticker.. this proved to be a crowded nightmare as elderly persons had trouble with the stairs and very crowded isles with everyone going up on stage.Once your excursion was called there was very little direction to go outside the ship to your bus.. what little direction there was was not relayed in the best of english to say the least. On the days at Sea only four bars for the entire 3000 passenger ship were available during the day. (all others were only open after six/seven pm )So i ended up getting all our own drinks at the bar as this was way faster than sitting (if you could find a seat) and waiting for a waiter/waitress to service you. In our whole week on board we only observed five ship personnel actually smiling and happy. the rest were frowning and or lacked any type of interest in what they were actually doing. All the public rest rooms had automatic doors to which almost half of them that i frequented did not work.. I had to literally force open a door many times for myself and others.There were not many rest rooms available as they were very sparse indeed. I could go on and on but I won't....All in all the experience was terrible!! this was our eighth cruise but our first and last with Costa.. We will stick with Norwegian as there is no comparison!.. We love cruising as opposed to the all inclusive on the beach resorts...as a matter of fact we just booked a Caribbean Cruise again with Norwegian ... this will be our eight with NCL!!

Do not cruise Costa Cruise Lines; worst cruise experience ever!

Costa Fascinosa Cruise Review by OMEARA

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Classic
We sailed on the Costa Fascinocia Greek Isle Cruise in Nov 2014.
Now for the bad....