3. Norwegian Epic
Okay so this was my first cruise and i was really excited about it. When we got to our room it was the wrong kind of room and not what we had reserved which was a mini suite. This was the first issue. We called guest services and the man barely spoke English and I told him I work at a hotel I know how these things work and the fact that we were put into this room without a warning ahead of time was ridiculous. He just told me he would have his manager call I said ok please do. We never received a call from the manager!! We received a letter on the outside of our room stating that the ship was completely full and there was no other room for them to move us too but if something became available then they would let us know. First of all how unprofessional can you get that all you do is leave a letter outside the door you don't even care to ask if we were okay or anything so much for customer service!! Another problem with our room. From the time we came in the lock on our balcony door was broken which I'm sorry but that is a safety issue. Especially since Norwegian has little holes in the walls out on your balcony where you can go between balconies. This was brought up as soon as we arrived because the handle fell off when we tried to open the balcony. Our steward told us that it had been broken and she called. To have it fixed two days earlier. Then our air didn't work so we called and had to have someone fix that. Which was fixed in a timely manner. Then our shower didn't work it would not produce cold water only scorching water and the temeperature would vary going from warm to hot to scalding without touching anything. Of course when we called about that they just said we weren't working the shower right which 3 of us tried and could not get cold water. Luckily it kind of fixed itself the next day but thee was still no constant temperature but it wasn't scallding. The bathrooms are horrible there is absolutely NO PRIVACY the toilet and shower area are separated and enclosed by see through glass. They are located at the front of the room where everyone has to walk through if they come in or out of the room. The bathroom is very small and it smelled awful from the time we got there. Okay now I will move on to my issues with the rest of the cruise ship. There were no pools. There were 3 pools that were 3 feet deep and were probably 12ft wide if that. Even in the adults only section. I'm sorry but that's not a pool its a kiddy pool. And out by these kiddy pools there were so many kids you couldn't get in one if you wanted to. Including the adult only area where kids were and nobody said anything to them. Then the library there were only foreign books in different languages so that was a bust. The dinning was ok. Not the best by any means we ate at the buffet majority of the time and it wasn't anything to brag about more like cafeteria food with no flavor. The Manhattan room was very nice but was pretty noisy and had great food. Now for the entertainment they had on the ship. Blues man group was great loved it! Also the cirque of dreams was great and great food with it. I didn't go to the legends group the night my family went but they seemed to enjoy that. The main problem with entertainment was if you don't drink or play bingo or gamble your basically going to be bored to tears the whole time. Because there is really nothing to do. The movies they were showing In the atrium also were older than dirt. Like who goes to watch groundhogs day? That was released what in the 90s? My last complaint was the horrible weather it rained every place we went to. So all of the excursions we planned didn't work out who wants to pay so much to go scuba diving in the caymans and it's raining the whole time? Which wasn't the ships fault but that was an additive to my annoyance. Finally we got up ready to get off the ship and my grandmother had to wait almost 45 mins to get an elevator and she was using a walker!! How insensitive is that and there were only 3 elevators working they had one completely locked down and here there are over 4,000 people on the ship. In conclusion this was a horrible experience I will NEVER cruise again and it is all thanks to the NORWEIGAN EPIC...thanks very much for making my first experience so horrible it is my last!

It was horrible; couldn't get off fast enough!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Marylenb08