3. Norwegian Epic
I just returned from a cruise on the NCL Epic that departed Miami on December 7th. Previously I had cruised with RC and Carnival. I was quite happy with the entire experience. I absolutely loved my balcony cabin. The solo lounge experience for solo travellers is great. Even though I wasn't staying in the solo cabins, I was travelling solo. I met some really great people that I spent time with. The freestyle was great, being able to eat when you want, with who you want. The food was all good, with one exception. I did not like the french onion soup. It was very watered down with not enough bread and cheese. Probably better off not to offer it. Overall a great experience. I put a deposit down on a future cruise and can't wait to cruise again. Oh, there is one negative. NCL recently adopted a non smoking policy for the balcony cabins, but it is not being enforced. I booked a balcony as I knew there would be no smoking so I could enjoy my deck. On previous Carnival cruises I was not able to enjoy the balcony I paid for due to the smoking. On this ship, I could smell cigarette smoke often from my balcony. I even saw someone smoking on the deck below me and I told them to put it out. Two days later another person on that same deck was smoking again. Then I smelled cigar smoke and looked over the balcony next to me and he was smoking a cigar. I could smell cigarette smoke in the hallways at night sometimes, so people were smoking in their cabins too. I did report it to Security but it was hard for them to be certain which cabin it was coming from.

First NCL Cruise

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Kool Katz

Previously I had cruised with RC and Carnival.
The freestyle was great, being able to eat when you want, with who you want.
Kool Katz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 9044
The cabin was in a good location. Nobody could look into my cabin from what I could tell.Other than if the neighbour peeked around the corner. The balcony was spacious enough for two chairs and a lounge chair. I would have preferred the bed being closest to the sliding door, rather than the couch. As that way I'd be able to lie in bed looking out to the ocean. Also liked the fact that it was a sliding door that you could leave open to enjoy the sounds and smells of the sea.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins