Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by SnowBird-Beachbum
- Sail Date: December 2014
- Destination: Southern Caribbean
1. not enough (free) counter service food/meal options, which leads to long lines and congestion at the Windjammer buffet. A counter service at the pool area would be idea, a grill with pizza/burgers/salads. Another food issue, was the lack of a room service menu and the quality of that food. However, our meals in the main dining room were absolutely delicious!
2. Mid ship elevators were very slow, more than expected during peak times and non peak times.
3. The jogging track wraps around the 12th deck and intertwines sunbathers on lounge chairs, and there are frequently people strolling around and looking at the scenery, and they don't move for the joggers. The track is not very well labeled and as a jogger you feel as if you are "in the way". A better location would be around the sport deck.
4. The big daily "sale" that happens on the promenade cause major congestion for those guest just walking through not wanting to shop. Suggestion would be to maybe spread their "station" out longer instead of wider to provide room on either side for guests needing to get through.
5. The ice skating show was wonderful, so much talent and fun to watch! The times for open ice skate were limited so we were unable to try out this activity.
6. The "don't stop the rock" show left us disappointed.
7. On a typical evening after dinner, around 8-8:30pm, it seemed as if there was a lack of (free) activities. If you wanted to sit in the pub and pay for beer, or go to the skybar and pay for drinks, those were options. Only 2 nights were there some sort of activity (love & marriage show and a less than desirable comedy routine put on the same time as another game show activity so you couldn't attend both).
8. The food at Johnny Rockets was terrible! The burgers lacked toppings and were overcooked. The French fries served to us were cold and tasted as if they were sitting for a long time, the waiter never replaced them. Very disappointing.
9. Returning from a day at port, other ships on the dock had a "welcome back" party for their guests, playing music and giving them small cups of water. Very nice! Wish RCI would do this.
Hopefully you have read through all my comments. This ship is beautiful and clean and you will have a nice time. All staff we had contact with were absolutely outstanding! Even though it looks like I'm full of complaints here, I'm not. It was a nice ship and a fantastic vacation, we just prefer other ships.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
BeachBad weather didn't allow us to visit the 2 planned snorkel spots. A 15% discount returned to us, we thought it should have been more. Catamaran ride to Palm Beach. Beautiful! The staff were friendly, they kept the rum punch flowing, and were always available to answer questions. The lunch on the pier was not very tasty, but a fun experience. There was also free WIFI! Beautiful beach, nice people, tasty drinks=a great day at the beach!View All 106 Beach Reviews
Catamaran Tourthe weather was bad so we only received a ride to Palm Beach, we took a bus back to the ship.View All 47 Catamaran Tour Reviews
Snorkelingthe weather was bad so we were unable to visit the 2 snorkel spots.View All 163 Snorkeling Reviews
BeachTook a fun bus ride to the other side of the island seeing all kinds of sites along the way, friendly driver! Spent the day at Blue Bay Resort and it was beautiful! Free WIFI, chairs, hammocks, snorkel, palm trees. The snorkeling here was very nice for beginners. Walked around in town, had some French fries (yum) and walked the floating bridge. Very cute and colorful town. We loved this port!View All 102 Beach Reviews
BeachTook a taxi ($7 pp each way) with about 8 other people. Driving showed up the sites on the way to the beach, he was very knowledgeable and friendly! Stopped at South Friars Bay, it was raining and muddy and nothing looked nice. 8 of us asked to go to Cockelshell Beach instead. Great idea! We sat at the Reggae bar, nice location, good food, beautiful beach, free WIFI. $5 for a chair and $5 for an umbrella. Bring cash to get an aloe massage from a location! The driver waiting for us and took us back to the ship at our agreed upon time. Highly recommend!View All 139 Beach Reviews
St. John Snorkel/SailTook a boat ride to Trunk Bay on St. Johns. Unfortunately, the sea weed was so over abundant and covered the beach and had a foul smell to it. I think it ruined our experience.View All 180 St. John Snorkel/Sail Reviews