3. Freedom of the Seas
This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise. I had cruise on Carnival twice before. I have to say I prefer carnival much more. Not sure if it was a misunderstanding but instead of 3 beds I had a full king bed and the couch. The couch was the most uncomfortable to sleep on when pulled out and not long enough will not hold out. I am a late riser and there is nothing for breakfast if you miss the morning breakfast. And when you get to the Windjammer it is not organized very well instead of there being the same exact thing on both sides if you only go to one you'll miss out on other things on the other side. Unfortunately for me the first day I got sick from eating at the Windjammer needless to say I never ate there again. the dining room lunch was not much better it was okay but not the excellence I was expecting. The salad was great but how can you mess up a salad? As for the dining room it was hit or miss. Some nights the food was awesome like the night they had the duck and then sometimes it was just ok. However my service was awesome and Leo and Anna were amazing. I even tried the specialty restaurant Portofino which was good but not excellent. Not enough choices. The food was not as high quality as I expected it was no umami being experienced. The staff was not as friendly they only spoke when spoken to with a few notable exceptions. There are not as many things to do on board if you are a afternoon riser. The promenade the whole point of that is to get you to spend a lot of money on unnecessary items. Bolero Bar is my favorite bar, joseph, marcia and dianne were the best part of the trip. A lot a fun to be had with these three making the best drinks having a live band and just being a relaxing place to have fun. It suck live in Cozumel as that was the only location that I had an excursion. I understand the need to take care of a passenger however if the boat was running at full capacity would have been able to make up the time and still hit the location. It is sad that Royal Caribbean did not do anything did not offer anything for shortening all of our port locations. And their customer service is lackluster at best. It was a train wreck getting off the boat. We are finished with breakfast by 9 a.m. We didn't get off the boat until 1045. They definitely need some help with getting people off of the boat and getting through customs. There for some amazing people on board, we met people from Australia that we will keep in touch with and Winter Haven in Palm Springs. We still made our own fun on board but I will never take another Royal Caribbean cruise.

Not The Best First Impression