3. Carnival Sensation
Well we just got back home from a weekend on the Sensation. We have been on the sister ship the Fascination sever time but this trip on the Sensation it fit you time frame. We have sailed out of the Cape 4 times and as usual getting on was so fast with the FTTF I did not have time to set down and we were in our balcony cabin U215. Really it took like 15 minutes from the first doorway at the terminal and half that was walking up the ramp and down the hall to the room. For a Balcony the room it is small and only has a small hard straight backed chair to set on or you have to set on the bed, a small sofa would be nice. Like the Fascination the rooms are small but I feel the balconies are large enough, we had 1 lounger, 2 chairs and a table and had room to walk around. I spend about 45% of my time on the balcony so for me it works. Let us talk food and food service… has this degraded over the last 2 years or is a ship thing. It really depends on who you get for your wait staff, but then again I think the kitchen has a lot to do with it also. The first night we went to the Main Dining Room, one of the slowest waiters I have ever seen, speaking of seeing, I think I only saw one of his assistance once the 2 ½ hours we were there. He had 4 tables, and could not handle the flow. At our table there were 6 people and one would get an appetizer then someone else would get theirs about 5 minutes later then another would come and so forth. I watch a young waitress handle 8 tables and serve all of them including the ones that came in after us their appetizers, diner and dessert before you got our meal. The next night we changed servers and things were much better. Now the food is nothing to write home about in the dining room. The cooks, just simply do not season the foods, maybe it is a cut back to save money. Except for the butter and the eggs benedict nothing was great, even the little lobster is not a top quality product and the prime rib needed horseradish to add flavor. NOW I am easy to feed, heck I think Golden Corral is good food, so you know it doesn’t take a lot to impress me. About Golden Corral, Carnival might think about hiring their cooks from that restaurant chain. Bar Service was OK, the pours were good and honest. As far as drinks I did not get the CHEERS program and only had a $212 bar bill and was only asked to buy or if I wanted a drink maybe 4 times over the weekend. Not a pushy as they used to be. I don’t think I ever saw my mysterious room Stewart the whole trip but I would leave a note and it would happen. The cabin crew that you see every day did not seem as friendly as in years past they would say morning when you initiated the hello but most just kept to themselves and worked. I must say for the age of the ship it is beautifully clean and the cleaning teams are always busy someplace. Oh yes another cut back is that they no longer put out those little packages of tooth paste, soap, etc… and I did ask a steward in the hallway if they had an ink pen for my room and was told they don’t put out ink pen, envelopes or cards any more….but he did go find me an ink pen. Up on the mini-golf course the rugs on a few holes is torn and the equipment is in bad shape as no one watches it any longer they just put the clubs In a barrel and balls in a tub and you get your own. Overall it was relaxing but not exciting and at Nassau they issue a warning about how dangerous Nassau is now and that you should travel in groups and stay in the tourist areas,,,, makes one feel safe….not.

Had a good weekend over all.

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by jaxfl