Arcadia Cruise Review

Try it, see what you think; P&O dont care.

Arcadia Cruise Review by meldrew v

• Sail Date: Nov 2014
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

This was only our second cruise the first being with Royal Caribbean, no comparison.

The ship looked OK and our cabin although a bit dingy was passable, however, it soon became apparent that this ship was getting past it's sell by date. It rocked and rolled in a sea that didn't look that bad, whether stabilisation was being used I do not know but it certainly did not seem like it, I have had better crossings through the Bay of Biscay on a car ferry. We did not eat in our designated dining area but used the Buffett, the food was no comparison to what we enjoyed on the Royal Caribbean Buffett, it was edible but that was about it, and trying to find somewhere to sit when you had your meal was a challenge in itself.

Entertainment,I know that people enjoyed the headliners however I found the whole of the entertainment in the theatre (apart from the comedian) repetitive and boring just a load of people prancing around the stage singing and dancing to different themes on different evenings no story or meaning, that's just my opinion.

There is one big plus on this cruise, if you like a quiz you will be spoiled for choice, there never seemed to be an hour that went by where somewhere on the ship you could not find a quiz, drove me nuts. The so called shops are just one big con, supposedly duty free, you could buy the rubbish they were selling in the UK for less, then toward the end of the cruise they would have a sale I assume if this sale was real you would be hacked off if you had bought the same item a few days earlier in the cruise, how to make friends. Anyway I could go on but getting bored thinking about it, my advice buyer beware its not as advertised on many counts.

meldrew v's Full Rating Summary