Arcadia Cruise Review

Arcadia Cruise Review by Alice Bentley

• Sail Date: Nov 2014
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

I have recently returned from a trip on this ship to The Canary Islands. My friend and I were upgraded to a deluxe balcony cabin but I honestly don't know what makes it deluxe. The cabin was clean enough, beds were lovely and comfy and having tea and coffee facilities in the cabin was an added bonus. However, the little bath (which only a small child could fit into ) was the only feature I could see that would give the cabin it's deluxe status. Not worth having really. The cabin itself creaked rather a lot as the ship rolled constantly throughout the voyage. Like a previous reviewer I also wondered if the stabilisers were deployed. So much so that I even mentioned this to the deputy captain when I had an opportunity to speak with him. The sea was not particularly rough but the ship rolled causing many passengers to feel ill especially on the first day. We tried to buy seasickness tablets in the shop only to be told they had run out of them. The shop assistant failed to tell us we could buy them at reception so we ended up buying the little acupuncture wrist bands instead.

Staff on board were friendly and polite at all times. The entertainment was brilliant. The main attraction "The Headliners" were fabulous, their shows were packed out at every performance . Roger Wright and Rachel Russell were also fabulous. I wasn't so keen on the comedian. He was good on his first show but not on his second. He kept asking the audience if they were having a good time. A time waster!!!

We had no complaints at all about the food on board. We ate every night in The Meridian restaurant and freedom dining meant we shared tables with lots of other guests. It was lovely meeting so many different people. The staff were friendly and polite here too.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed this cruise.........the alternative was to stay at home while our husbands were trekking in Nepal so I think we made a good choice.

Alice Bentley's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin DA A084

Creaky cabin, lots of noise coming from whatever was in the rooms opposite us. Disappointed there was not even a welcome half bottle of bubbly in the cabin.

Alice Bentley