3. Vision of the Seas
This was cruise #60 for me and #40 for my Mom. I was concerned about going on the Vision after reading so many recent negative reviews and comments. Maybe I was on a different ship, because overall I thought this was a great vacation, great value, especially for the price paid. When I read the negative reviews it really makes me wonder...."What are these people expecting?" RCCL, NCL, and Carnival are the Chevy's and Ford's of the cruise line. If you are expecting Cadillac, Mercedes-Benz, or above, you should go on a different cruise line, and pay the price for your expectations. This cruise started off a little difficult. While riding up the escalator to the check in station one of the staff promptly pushed the stop button, I am just glad I was holding on to the rail tightly or I could have easily fallen. The pass-thru of security was also a mess. The two guys NOT telling people to push their stuff on to the belt...they both just acted clueless, so I started directing people what to do. Then there was the young lady in line with her breast exposed feeding her baby. Yes, I know, some people say that is natural, and I should not be surprised or offended, but so is going to the restroom and doing your business natural, but I don't want to see that either. And lastly, no special lines for gold, emerald, diamond, or any Crown and Anchor Club Members to check in at the desk. Just one big line for all to wait. Ok, now for the good stuff. The ship was re-furbished last year, and looks like it went to the same place Joan Rivers went to have her face lifts. For the age of the ship, she looks like a teenager. Most everything has been refreshed, remodeled, or redone. The ship was very clean. Every place I encountered staff they were polite and kind. Our cabin steward was rarely seen, but did a fine job of keeping our cabin fresh and tidy as a pin. I asked for a bucket of ice, and it was refreshed twice a day without question. The Main Dining Room (MDR) food and service were fine, with very few exceptions. The turkey dinner entree was wonderful. The always available shrimp cocktail, escargots, and Salmon were also just fine. The only two duds were a ravioli dish, and the onion soup. Our waiter and bus person did an excellent job of making every evening a pleasurable dining experience. The buffet area was typical cruise ship buffet food, nothing special, but a nice variety so you could find something that was good. So maybe they did run out of mushrooms one day, are you going to let that ruin your vacation? What's the matter, you don' t like any of the other 200 things available? Many times the Park Cafe was busy, especially after cruisers returned to the ship before we sailed away from a port. Since the Windjammer was closed this was the logical and only place to grab a bite to eat, other than room service. The only item I had at the Park Cafe was a few cups of fruit that hit the spot for me. It would be nice to have a grill area out near the outside pool. Most all ships have this type of availability for the cruisers at the pool that just want to grab a quick burger, hot dog, and fries while enjoying the sunshine. Especially since the Park Cafe is located in the "adults only" area. I did go to the gym a few times, yes it is small, but I was able to do my work out, and enjoy the clean steam and sauna areas afterwards. Another area that needs a bit of help is the Diamond Lounge for Diamond Member Cruisers. The Lounge is comfortable and attractive, but way too small for a ship of this size. And and time goes on, my guess is there will be more and more cruisers achieving Diamond Level Status. The room needs to be larger. Awww, the shows. The show lounge is very pretty, comfortable, and spacious. Unfortunately the shows need some work. At this level I am not expecting the "June Taylor" dancers or the voice of Domingo, but "OH MY" , let's just say I am not sure if lots more practice could even improve this group. Would I go on the Vision again, YES, without hesitation. For the cost of this vacation, it was a fantastic value. Mom and I had a great time. The ship was clean, service was great, food was fine, cabin steward was excellent, cabin was comfortable. Next Cruise- Oceana Regatta to Alaska in May, yes my expectations are a bit higher.

Great value for the price paid

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by jhg20852

jhg20852’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Great location, but if you like to go to bed early, this cabin can be noisy since it is next to the atrium and R bar.
  Vision of the Seas Deck Plans