3. Carnival Elation
We had such a great time on the his cruise. I call it "cruise magic". It's when all the stars aline and things come together in such a way that will never be repeated....but I sure hope it does. This cruise was great. From the ship, to the weather, to the company, to the ports, and even the Cruise Director was amazing! We are a mid thirties couple and left the kids behind and traveled instead with some old college friends! It was a great time of catching up on life. This was our 7th cruise and their 1st cruise. It was fun to watch this cruise thru the eyes of Newbies! The Ship: I love fantasy class ships and Elation is now one of my favorites. She has a great feel, an air of fun, comfort, and relaxation. Being a "Big Easy" ship, she carries New Orleans with her thru out the cruise. Super fun and laid back. She feels like home. She is easy to get around, great outdoor spaces, plenty of lounge chairs, and beautiful decor. Elation has a more subtle subdued decor then the other Fantasy class ships. She is a little worn and shows her age but she holds her own and is a force that cannot be denied! Carnival, please please, give her the. TLC she deserves and never let her go! We rarely to never felt crowded. Once again, the fantasy class is so well designed! The Staff: Great and friendly service thru out the ship from room stewards to wait staff, all great! Cruise Director, Steve Kinsley, was awesome. Super funny and really adds to the entertainment! Best cruise director, IMO. The Food: the best we have had on Carnival. Everything was right on the mark in the MDR. Sea Brunch and Dinners were amazing! Entertainment: Very good. Superstar Karaoke and Just Rock should not be missed. Welcome Aboard show was even good. Comedians were alright, but funny for the most part. The Ports: I love how we went to Progresso to get a taste of "real" Mexico and then to Cozumel for "resort" Mexico. Great contrast to see both sides. Loved it! Did Cenotes in Progresso and Paradise beach in Cozumel. Great times! Embark/debarkation: Port of NOLA is great. Convenient parking, fast moving lines, and well organized.

One of My Favorite Cruises Yet!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by tomsuelaw

tomsuelaw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT R 31
Love the affordability of potholes, windows for price of interior cannot be beat. This room was comfortable and quiet except for crashing of waves and side thruster noise when docking. The only issue we had with this room was a vibrating/tapping noise that occurred one night all night long in rough seas. The noise was coming from something inside the floor. It was very annoying but only occurred one night out of 5, thankfully.In general, I like these rooms and wave crashing and rocking is very relaxing. Please note: wave crashing can be very very loud....I use the word crashing for a reason!
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins