Riviera Cruise Review

Riviera Cruise Review by kmday

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

I am not a cruise person and have only been on one other cruise. last year with my parents on Norwegian. My 86 year old father did not like the large amount of people so I heard good things about Oceania. We started our trip two days ago. As a surprise I upgraded them to a penthouse suite. The cruise was about 4x more than we paid on Norwegian although this time airfare was included. In spite of that I have found the staff not helpful at all and the amenities not worth the price. If you want to do shore excursions I learned that I should have booked 6 months in advance. I wanted to go to Tikal which was listed as costing $1,000. In spite of that myself and about 8 others were wait listed a few weeks before. Oceania has not been willing to help us get another charter. Of greater importance is the fact that there are quite a few elderly people on board. That's not a problem and because my mother is frail we brought a wheelchair. However, my father also started having problems so I have been shuttling them with the one wheelchair. I am upset because our wheelchair broke and Oceania staff will not let us borrow or even rent one of theirs. I also had a problem with logging on to the internet. I teach at university so I needed to take care of some business online. I was told by reception I would have to wait until the next day when their internet person would be working. They neglected to tell me there was an internet cafe that was open 24 hours. So, that has been experience so far, and once again, I do not think Oceania is not worth the money they charge.

kmday's Full Rating Summary

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH3 10018

I don't think that Oceania is worth the money.

kmday