What a travesty the previous reviewer of this cruise has provided.
1. The staff throughout the ship were excellent and could not have done more for you. The restuarant staff in particular made it a pleasure to be going to each meal. The food was of a good standard always hot. always plenty of choice.
2. It was November/December which means it is more likely to be rough. It was indeed rough on the first 3 days down to Madeira, yes the ship was moving about but , really it should be expected by anyone booking a cruise at that time of year. In any event Arcadia coped extremely well with the conditions.
3. The ship, to me, looked in very good condition and my cabin ( a balcony on deck 6) wasreally lovely and kept that way by my cabin steward.
4. The swimming pool was closed on some of the days due to the conditions and also to have it refurbished. It seemed a sensible opportunity to do this work..
5. The shows were all good to excellent apart from the comedian. His jokes were from the 60s and making fun of people in the audience is always an easy way to get cheap laughs, sad.
Roger Wright and the Headliners could not have worked harder and provided wonderful entertainment.
The backing band must be one of the best on any ship.
I am really at a loss to know what more some people expect. I am willing to make appropriate comments if anything is not up to standard but I really thought this was a really good cruise on a beautiful ship and with some much more space per person than on Azura.
Lovely cabin with large balcony and now large TV