Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Bestbird

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2A

Having just returned from a week on the Reflection, I have only good things to say about my experience, so if you're looking for major criticism, you'll want to move on!

Embarkation - Seamless. I arrived at the port at 11:40AM and was on the ship within 30 minutes. Staterooms are not ready until 1PM, so I enjoyed my welcoming glass of champagne while browsing in the library.

Stateroom - I was in 7179, a midship balcony that was intelligently and beautifully laid out. It was the most immaculate stateroom I have ever been in, and it was kept that way throughout the cruise. Clemente and Branko, my cabin stewards, looked after my every need, and sometimes in the evening when I entered my stateroom I'd be welcomed by a whimsical "towel" walrus or bird constructed by Clemente.

Ship - Absolutely lovely. I really appreciated the quiet adult area adjacent to the main pool, which had ample and exceptionally comfortable chaise lounges. The entire ship was sparkling clean, and was equipped with all the amenities traveled cruisers have come to expect.

Cuisine - Unbelievably fabulous. I prefer lighter dishes with a wonderful depth of flavor and was not disappointed. Both the Main Dining Room and the Ocean View buffet came through with flying colors. The buffet also provided specialty dishes from various regions such as India and China. The salads and fruits (alas, no papaya, mango, or berries) were exceptionally fresh. One might enjoy everything from sushi to roasted duck at the buffet, and its hours were accommodating for those who wish to graze between meals.

Entertainment - The house band, Xtasea, was excellent, and there was generally live music to be found somewhere on the ship. Admittedly I only attended one evening show, but heard many good things about the other evenings' presentations.

Crew - 95% were exceptionally and consistently warm and welcoming!

Issues - My only complaint is that I simply never wanted to leave.

Bestbird's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2A
Cabin 2A 7179

Very nice and immaculate cabin. However, it's not too far above the lifeboats, so if you look down they are very much "there." The lifeboats are also illuminated at night, so not as many stars could be seen compared to staterooms that were further above the lifeboats.

Bestbird