3. Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation left New Orleans Dec. 8th. 2014. Check-in was a breeze and the cabins were ready for us. We stayed on UPPER level 6 Cabin U119&U123. CABINS: Where clean and our room stewart ALWAYS remembered our first names of the 4 people in our party. Cabin was very well taken care throughout the day and my wife loved the towel animals each night at turndown ( I ate all the chocolates). DINNER: Darlene our server was beyond great. I remember her name but the other servers i do not(I'm ashamed because they always knew ours. Please forgive me I am not young any longer.) Darlene was great and always smiling, friendly and seem to love her job. She told us she has been with Carnival for 9 years. They were always there to keep the meal moving along. Mostly the food was good (taste differ from person to person), it all looked great. BRUNCH: The food was good but both days that we ate brunch but the waiters apparently were volunteered for the duty and were not happy about it. Keep looking at watches like they were being punished and release was at 1:00pm after the last late guest showed up 1 minute til. DECK FOOD: Didn't like the lines but they moved along. One thing put the pizza out so it can be seen. It was though you were hiding the pizza and the pizza maker out of sight so you could only get it if you saw him or if someone was standing in line. I think he is cooking the pizza one at a time. Pizza is cheap so stack them high, you will save money on the rest of buffet. Last negative-put the cones for the ice cream out more often. Cones are cheaper that paying someone to wash plates,bowls and glasses for no reason other than people could not find cones. ENTERTAINMENT: I understand the e-team is not to keep you entertained 24/7. There was always plenty to do. I love the game shows, trivia, guest contest, bingo not so much, the behind the scenes talk with Steve was great. The comedy shows were fantastic, I thought I was in Las Vegas at the Funny Bone.(More of this please.) My family got 2- 24kt gold ships on a stick, they love them. I have a great idea for a game you can play throughout the cruise. Hide a particular item around the ship in out of the way places for guest to find and get a prize for returning them. Loved sail and sign bingo(even though I don't gamble). EXCURSIONS: Progresso Just skip them until they are ready for visitors. Cozumel: Loved it. Lots to do. Taxi prices are good. Lots of nice but pushy people trying to make their share of the cruiser's cash. (Shopping Tip: The merchandise and the prices are all mostly the same around town-so you can buy the vanilla,blankets, trinkets, alcohol and jewelry right at the main port shops within a 1,000 feet of the dock. Cozumel get a lot of cruise lines. Buy your (Name Brand) purses in Progresso for better pricing. HAD A GOOD TIME CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN.

Got More Than I Expected.

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by dridgel

EXCURSIONS: Progresso Just skip them until they are ready for visitors.
HAD A GOOD TIME
CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN.

dridgel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D U119
Clean and very well taken care of by our always available porter.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins